CHAPTER 27: AVEN

HIS LITTLE STALKER
•••

"Where have you been young men!?" mom's voice sobered me up quickly as I entered the house late in the afternoon. Preston and I fell asleep after our fourth bottle of wine.

"Answer me dammit, I've been worried thinking that something happened to you boy!"

Okay someone was definitely taking the mommy card to a whole new level of authority.

"I was with a friend mom," I said still a bit drowsy and tired. "Where are you going looking all pretty?" I asked gazing at her up and down wearing a velvety mini green dress.

"I am the one asking questions here" she let out checking herself out in the mirror. I took a seat on the couch looking at her, it's a no-brainer she's going out with a client again.

"I was with Preston, we went to his parents' cabin" I let out and the woman nearly tripped in her six inches Louboutins.

"Wait do you mean Preston Callaway?" she asked taking a seat next to me.

I tried with a small nod with wide eyes. "Do you know him?"

Her expression changed back to its normal RBF. "No, I don't but I know that his family is wealthy, what are you doing with a boy like him?"

I didn't believe her cause she was way too shocked when I mentioned his name. "He's a..... Friend"

"Mmmmh, like Aven?"

I shook my head no. "He's just a friend mom and what's up with these questions, aren't you supposed to be going somewhere"

Realization hit her and she hastily got up flattening out her dress. "Don't wait okay and tomorrow I want to hear more about this friend of yours with the Callaway heir"

••

Upstairs in my room, I looked out my window to Aven's window which was closed, memories of us danced around in my head. I truly love that boy and mom doesn't know what she's saying cause she never had true love.

The sun was slowly dying behind the dark clouds of threatening thunder, the news lady did predict a storm in the following days. Locking up everything downstairs my phone started ringing with Preston's name.

"Hey, you" I smiled closing the kitchen window.

"I've been thinking," he said on the other end hearing him shuffle around and my heart started racing a bit, it's never good when someone who you made out with starts thinking...... well that's a lie, sometimes it's good.

"Yeah?" I took a seat at the kitchen table watching the spaghetti meatballs mom made warm up in the microwave.

"I don't want you to feel some type of way when I paused what nearly happened between us"

The microwave dinged indicating that the food was done warming up. "It's fine I under-"

"I just like you a little bit too much Alex"  he interrupted me. "I just want to be sure when we do what we nearly did, there will be more of it, I don't want it to be a one-time thing"