three.

;

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Diety/Dot)

"Yeah, she just asked me what my name was, then I told her and left..." I said, explaining to Tulia the events that tanspired not long ago. Tulia shook her head, adjusting her seating on the bright pink stool.

She came to visit me on her lunch break, and I had no clients right now so we were seated in the break room talking. I was sitting at the small vanity counter, glancing at her through the mirror.

"So you didn't think to ask her name?" Tulia asked, blinking in disbelief.

I sighed, "No."

I soon felt something hit me against the back of the head, "Li what the fuck?" I huffed, turning my attention to the floor. "Did you just throw straw paper at me?"

Tulia nodded confidently, "I sure fucking did, because that don't make no sense Diety."

"It's literally fine, I'll meet plenty other people in this lifetime," I rolled my eyes.

In all honesty, I was acting like I didn't care, but I did.

That girl was so beautiful, but a tiny bit intimidating at the same time. She was interesting, and I wish I got her number, or at least her name. Is it crazy to put thought into us coincidentally seeing one another again? Maybe I can go back to that restaurant?

Tulia stood up, throwing her food in the trash can, "You know what, I'm actually glad you said that. I got us an invite to a party tonight," she smirked.

I cocked my eyebrow, "and when was I supposed to know?"

"Just now, I meant to tell you a few days ago but I forgot," she shrugged. "You coming regardless so it don't matter."

I looked at Tulia like she was crazy.

I wouldn't say I wasn't a party person, because I do love to have fun every once in a while, but I can't stand boring ass parties. With the same tired liquor, the same ten songs playing, and people who think they too cool to dance. I've been to several like that, and I refuse to waste my time when I could be doing something else fun, like laying in my bed.

"I know, I know, you don't like the same old shit, but I promise this one actually gonna be fun. It's an off campus party at a club, something different." she explained, giving me hopeful eyes.

"How you know it's gonna be different?" I asked.

"Because I know the people hosting it, and they ain't boring. Can you please come?" Tulia pouted, "If not I gotta go by myself."

I wasn't letting her go to a party by herself, so I didn't really have a choice. Besides, Tulia usually knows how to find fun events, so maybe this one will live up to that.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I'm coming."

Tulia cheesed, "Ok! I know you got a few more clients, but be back home by seven so we can get ready? It starts at eight."

I nodded, standing up to grab my hair apron, "Yes ma'am, I'll probably be back before then."

"Good. I gotta get back to campus so I'll see you then. Be careful coming home, I love you best." She walked over and kissed me on the cheek, to which I returned.

We left the break room and entered the main part of the salon, where the indistinct chatter became audible. It was kind of busy in the shop today, which is why there is so much conversation going on.

Everyone carried on with their business, besides my co-workers who stopped to speak to Tulia on her way out. I walked her to the door and watched until she got safely in the car before walking to my station.