fifteen

vote and comment <3
excuse any mistakes!

;

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Deity/Dot)

Tulia, Syrus, and I all piled out of the Uber in front of the club. The outside didn't look like anything special, although you could tell it was a lowkey spot. There were two lines to get inside and every time people were let in, more filed in the back.

This was a black, LGBTQ+ owned and operated club I had found out about through Yuri. The lights from inside peeked through the front entrance onto the sidewalk, and I felt my heart buzz with excitement.

"Damn where you find this spot?" Tulia asked from beside me, leading us towards the line. Syrus was close beside us.

"Yuri told me about it." I said, pulling out my phone and going to the camera app.

"Syrus, can you take my pictures before we go in?" I asked and they complied.

When we got in line finally, I leaned up against the brick wall and posed a few times. Tulia pulled out her phone and took pictures of me too. I thanked my brother and went to look over them as he and Tulia stood in front of me. I scrolled through my camera roll, favoriting the pictures I liked. I was gonna post them eventually, but until then, I sent the ones I liked to Sunni. I didn't wait for a reply from her as I shoved my phone in my purse.

We all conversated a little while waiting. It only took about ten minutes before we were in the front. The security checked our bags and we showed our ID's— Syrus showed his fake one since his twenty first birthday was still a few months away.

We were let into the club and the humid air immediately hit me in the face. I recognized the song playing immediately, Good At by Megan. The atmosphere is sensual but also fun, people were everywhere just enjoying themselves. It looked ridiculously bigger inside than on the outside. The lights were even more prominent now, colorful but still dim.

I spotted the bar and dragged Tulia and Sunni there by the wrists. I couldn't hear their disapproval over the music so I just kept moving until I reached the barstools.

"You ain't have to pull us like that hoe!" Syrus yelled over the music, loosening my grip from his wrist. I waved him off, knowing he wasn't genuinely upset.

The bartenders were busy catering to everyone, being that the club was so packed. Tulia flagged us down a bartender, and he moved swiftly over to the side of the bar we were on, tray of drinks in hand. He sat them in front of their respective buyers and stood in front of us.

"What can I get for y'all?" He smiled warmly, grabbing three cups.

"Do y'all have anything with peach and liquor?" Tulia asked.

The man nodded at her. "We do, is that what the three of you will have?" Syrus told the man yes while I glanced over at the drinks in other people's hands.

"Do y'all have any type of strawberry daiquiri?"

"We do love, is that what you want?"

"Yes please." I said, watching him jot down the drinks on a little note pad. "Oh your nails are cute!" I beamed as I noticed the black french tips.

"Thank you boo, I'll be right back," and he walked off to the other side to go fix more drinks.

Tulia, Syrus, and I waited at the bar, turning to analyze the club. We were judging everyone's outfits, complimenting people who walked by, and singing along to whatever song was playing at the moment.