nine.

don't forget to leave comments i love readin 'em <3

;

Aphrodite

two weeks later...

"Shy leave my clients alone! They don't have no input 'bout you and your boo thang." I exclaimed, shooing him away from my station.

Shy held his chest in shock, "Excuse me Ms. Deity, but your client actually did have some input."

I shook my head playfully, allowing him and my client, Raina, to conversate as I separated the braiding hair.

The shop was busy as all get out today. Saturday's are usually crowded, but apparently everyone and they mama needed their hair done today. It was just a little past noon and all of us had clients back to back. And in the salon, with more people came more talk.

I was about fed up with Mrs. Peaches and Shy gossiping, which is odd because I can usually tolerate it. But today started off pretty frustrating, so it's expected.

This morning my alarm morphed its way into my dream, so I had woken up late. This resulted in me rushing my morning routine and barely getting out of the house on time. I hated being late for things so I was already irritated. Then, my first client came in thirty minutes after the grace period still expecting to get her hair done. Zuri literally had to escort the girl out because she wanted to argue me down about cancelling her appointment when she was nearly an hour late.

On top of all that, I have not eaten today.

The feed-in braids I was doing on Raina were almost done, so I'm sucking it up until then. The most tedious part was constructed and braiding the heart on one side, but everything feels tedious right about now.

I heard my name being called so I looked up, meeting eyes with Zuri.

"You alright love?" Zuri asked, sweeping up after their last client.

They could probably tell I was in a bad mood because I hadn't been talking to anyone much. Carrying on conversation in this state was overstimulating.

I shook my head and pouted, "I'll tell you later."

They looked concerned but nodded anyways, giving me a small smile.

As I tried to tune out the voices buzzing around the shop, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I slid it out and lightly smiled at the caller ID.

I peaked over Raina's shoulder, "Excuse me girl, I need to take this I'll be back in just a second." I assured. She nodded and returned her attention back to Shy.

I made my way back to the break room quickly, closing the door and letting out a deep sigh. I answered the phone before the call dropped.

"Deity, baby?" I smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Yes Sunni baby?" I replied, sounding drowsy as hell without meaning to.

I heard her music decrease in volume. "You ok? You sound sleepy." She asked, concern laced in her voice.

I blinked a few times, pushing hair out of my face, "Yes I'm actually so fuckin' sleepy, my morning was awful. But I'm at work and I have clients all day today. I wanna go home so bad." I sighed, letting myself unravel over the phone.

"I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help? Have you eaten?" Sunni asked, her tone becoming soft.

I swear when she said that my stomach started growling. I pulled the phone away from my ear, tears almost coming to my eyes, "Yes, I'm actually starving."