sixteen

don't forget to vote and comment babes <3

;

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Deity/Dot)

I twirled around slightly in my client chair, eyelids droopy. I finished up my last client for the day about an hour ago. My station was clean now, and I was ready to go lay down in a big, comfortable bed.

Syrus headed back to school about a week ago, and since then I had gotten back to work consistently. My money was looking good, especially since I had thrown myself into styling.

Recently I've been perfecting my wig making, and it's been going well. So good to the point where I may begin selling them myself. Tulia agreed to be my model, so every wig I make, I install it on her. I posted a few of the installs on my styling page, and everybody's been asking when I'm gonna start selling already.

The new opportunities are exciting, and the positive feedback is especially encouraging.

"Who you waitin' on Ms. girl? Ain't yo' car outside?" I heard Shy ask the question, and I then realized he was talking to me.

I made eye contact and shook my head, "No, somebody brought me to work today."

Shy scrunched up his eyebrows, focusing on starting a braid in his client's head. "You havin' car problems? I know a guy—"

"No Shy, someone voluntarily offered to pick me up and drop me off today." I said with a laugh.

"Sunni?" Zuri asked, wiping off the tabletop of her counter.

"Yes, Sunni."

Shy looked up, "Is that the fine ass piece of eye candy that brings you food sometimes?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, because he was correct to some extent. "She is not a 'fine ass piece of eye candy,' she has a name."

"And she got you cheesin' all the time, I thought it was supposed to be your single and ready to mingle era?" Shy teases, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

Which is true, because after my last relationship I was ready to date whoever I pleased.

"I thought so too, but maybe not." I shrugged it off.

"Well I love to see it, I hope she's giving you the princess treatment you deserve." Zuri chimed in. I looked over to see her already grinning at me, an expression in her eyes that showed she was truly happy for me.

I smiled back, "She definitely is."

My phone sounded with a ding, the familiar iMessage notification sound. It was a text from Sunni letting me know she was here to pick me up.

"Alright she's here now, I'll see you two tomorrow." I got up from my chair and grabbed my bags from the counter. "Leave at the same time and be safe my sweeties, I love y'all."

As I made my way to the door Zuri replied playfully, "Ok mom, we love you too."

"Tell Sunni I said hey, love you too girl." Shy yelled, because I was already out the door. I chuckled lightly at his remark and walked along the sidewalk of our building.

I didn't get very far though, because Sunni was leaning up against the wall waiting on me. It was dark outside but the street and building lights illuminated the sidewalk. I could see she had on her usual work attire, but the shirt had a few buttons loose at the top. Her locs were in a low ponytail, which I always loved. We made eye contact and she smiled brightly.