eight.

don't forget to vote and comment, enjoy <3

;

Sunni

the next day...

"Did you get my text?" Aphrodite asked immediately as I picked up the phone. Her phone was face up so I could only see the ceiling.

I was on the way to meet her at the brunch place. She sent me the address earlier and I didn't respond accidentally.

"Yes I did, I'm actually on the way there now." I said, glancing at the navigation directions at the top of my phone. The restaurant was like a twenty minutes away from my spot.

"Oh! Ok I promise I'm about to leave the house. I'm literally not far from it at all." She exclaimed, in attempt to reassure me.

"You're fine, I don't think you're the type to have me waiting long." I said honestly, making a left turn at an intersection. Aphrodite let out an audible giggle and I felt myself smiling.

I don't know if it's possible to convince myself that I don't have a crush anymore.

"Ok Sunni baby, I'm gonna leave now." She said innocently and I laughed.

"Ok, I'll be there when you pull up." I replied with the same innocence.

She hung up the phone and I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I wanna say I'm not nervous but the constant shaking of my hands were confirmation of my nerves.

This is the first time I'll be with her alone, without other people we know around, without weed in my system; a proper date.

Deity gives me no reason to be uncomfortable around her, but her aura is just so entrancing it makes me wanna be myself.

And that's what I'm nervous about, because what if she doesn't like me?

I'm not usually one to care about what people think of me, but romantically, my ex made me conscious about that. It's few things I regret, and dating that woman is one of them.

Our relationship started when I was twenty-two, and it ended when I was twenty-three, so about a year and a half ago.

She took advantage of how much I cared for her, and never failed to tell me every little thing she didn't like about me. I blamed myself for allowing her to treat me like that, and believing I deserved it. But I was young and it ended up being a lesson well learned, so I'm not bitter about it anymore.

She need her ass beat for the way she treated me though, I just won't be the one to do it.

I turned my music up louder, trying to drown out my anxiety with noise. I turned into this small strip of disconnected buildings and found the parking lot of the brunch place. I parked towards the back of the lot and sent Aphrodite a quick text.

I observed the outside of the place, seeing plenty of black people enjoying the outside seating arrangements. It looked like a nice lil' vibe.

I was adjusting the collar on my brown flannel when I saw her car pull up beside me.

I grabbed my satchel bag, putting it across my body and turning the car off. I got out and took a deep breathe in preparation, but nothing could've prepared me to see her.

Aphrodite had her natural hair out today, it framed the front of her face perfectly. She wore a crochet set of pants and halter top, the deep purple shades complimenting her skin. Her white mini Telfar bag matched with her sandals.