thirteen.

don't forget to vote and comment <3

;

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Deity/Dot)

We had decided on watching three movies beforehand, all different genres, so everyone could have something to look forward to. We were now about a quarter way through the third movie, and my attention was straying from the television screen. I wasn't the only one though, because suddenly conversation started quietly over the movie.

Everyone had gotten settled initially, Tulia and Bas on one of the loveseats, Sunni and I on the other. Alana and Megan had settled onto one side of the couch, while Syrus settled on the other. It was going well, everyone laughing and commenting throughout the movies. 

The problem was though, Megan and Alana had been making flirty remarks the entire night. And when I headed into the kitchen, one of them always found an excuse to follow me. At one point I had to announce that I was going to the kitchen with Sunni so they wouldn't keep coming. I've been brushing them off all night and being unenthusiastic as hell, but it's like they can't take a hint.

Sunni was keeping her composure, but I could tell she was irritated. Every time they made a snide remark I felt her hand squeeze my waist a little tighter under the blankets. And when we went into the kitchen she unintentionally mugged the wooden floorboards.

I've tried keeping her calm, but in a minute I was gonna have to drag her to my room and explain.

I brought myself out of my thoughts at the feeling of Sunni rubbing my thigh. I brought my attention to her, thinking she said something, "Huh?"

"I said Megan askin' you sum." She mumbled, gesturing over to said girl.

I looked over at Megan blankly, waiting for her to speak.

"It's okay if we pop some more popcorn?" She asked, holding up her and Alana's empty bucket.

I nodded, replying shortly, "Yes."

A smirk appeared on her face and she tilted her head at me, "You gonna come show me how to fix it?"

I knew what Megan was doing and I had grown tired of it. After tonight I was definitely gonna let her and Alana know I'm not interested. They were being ridiculous.

I looked over at Tulia with pleading eyes, "No, Tulia will come help you?"

Tulia succumbed to my desperate expression and nodded quickly, "Yes I'll come do it." Megan had a slight pout on her face at the rejection, but agreed anyway.

She didn't really have much of a choice.

Tulia got up from her spot on the couch and led Megan into the kitchen. The awkward interaction made the living room go quiet, the movie acting as background noise. Syrus caught my eye and scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. I only shook my head, mouthing that I would catch him up later.

"You wanna go to my room?" I whispered only so Sunni could hear me. Said girl only nodded and I sighed.

"Y'all I have to go... get something for Sunni out my room," I quickly came up with an excuse, pulling us up from the couch. "We'll be back!" I assured.