Chapter 24

"All cats young and old gather around the Snowrock for a Clan Meeting!" 

Ashstar's yowl echoed around the cave, all the cats of SnowClan gathering around. Whitepaw realised her call was different, which meant she was calling everyone, even the kits. 

"As some of you know, last night when we returned from the Gathering, two apprentices left our camp in search of a lost kit. Not only that, but they followed her trail all the way out of our territory and as far as the ShadowClan camp. Apparently, they were caught by the kit's kidnappers. They fought bravely to reclaim Palekit, and they brought her back somewhat unscathed. They showed, honour, bravery and loyalty worthy of a warrior. Because of this, these three apprentices shall now rise in the ranks. Whitepaw, Snowpaw and Smokepaw, pelase step forward. Now you shall receive your warrior names. Whitepaw, you shall be known as Whiteclaw. Smokepaw, your name will be Smokefoot. And Snowpaw, from here on you will be addressed as Snowcliff. As is the tradition, you three will guard the camp in silent vigil tonight."

Whiteclaw, Smokefoot and Snowcliff stared at eacjother in surprise and excitement. All around them the Clan chanted their new names.

"Guys, we did it. We're warriors!" Smokefoot exclaimed.

"Now, I believe there is also a young kit who needs to become an apprentice," Ashstar continued. "Palekit, step forward if you will. From this moment forth until you receive your warrior name, you shall be called Palepaw. May StarClan guide you on your path. For your mentor, this is a strange case. Although it is unusual for a a newly named warrior to have an apprentice, but I believe that this is the right decision. Whiteclaw, you shall mentor Palepaw. I hope you pass on all you know to this apprentice, and may StarClan approve of my choice. With that, clan dismissed."

Ashstar leaped down fromt he Snowrock, and Palepaw padded over to Whiteclaw.

"Hi Whiteclaw!" She exclaimed happily. Whiteclaw felt like she had no idea what just happened. She had an apprentice! What an honour! But this early? She wasn't sure she was qualified. But, she would try her best.

"Hi Palepaw. Listen, I'll wake you for training tomorrow. Go get some rest," Whiteclaw said, sounding far calmer than she felt. Palepaw nodded and trotted toward the apprentice den.

"What. Just. Happened?!" Snowcliff said as soon as she was gone.

"I think Whiteclaw just got an apprentice!" Smokefoot said, her astonishment clear on her face. It soon turned to playful envy. "Ugh I'm so jealous! You are so lucky, Whiteclaw."

Whiteclaw knew that was true, and she couldn't help but feel elated. But all the while she was worrying about what the futur held. 

Crowfeather would be back, and StarClan knows what he had planned.