[Chapter 8] - A Perilous Encounter

(POV - 3RD)

Y/N twirled his pen between his fingers while listening to the teacher's lectures, although he already experienced this once in his previous life, it's was still breath of fresh air compared to fighting on the battlefields every day.

He silently turned his eyes around the classroom, but all of the girls were thankfully focused on the lecture instead of whispering more rumours. Perhaps the Class Monitor was correct in saying that accusations surrounding him were dying down.

Honestly? It felt like another breath of fresh air.

From his past, he was forced to behave well in case the girls took the chance to make up another rumour or two, he had to act like the weakling he is and not provoke anyone. 

However, he still didn't let his guard down, there is no problem with being cautious right now but considering what he can do, maybe being too cautious isn't good as well..?

Nevermind, less mulling and more listening to the lesson even though he already know the answers to the incoming questions. If he remembers, there should be an annual test that gauges the intellects of students instead of a physical test.

Also, there should be an excursion of some sorts that comes for the third years and below...

"Ah, yes. I must remind you all that the camping excursion designated for the third years and below is close by date, so I advise you all to prepare yourself." Announced the teacher.

Ah, there it is and it sounds oddly nostalgic.

"You may discuss the group compositions with whoever you wish, but do remember it is not a guarantee that you will be partnered up with the person of your choosing."

"Teacher, what are the rules again?" One of the girls raised her hand up with a question, earning a sigh from the adult.

"Campbell, I have thoroughly explained it in previous lessons, but for the sake of everyone's time here, I will do so once more." 

"The purpose of this excursion is to improve everyone's basic survival skills especially when lost or forced into a situation within the wilderness. There can be groups of a maximum of three people or if one is willing to risk it, they can also go alone though it's highly advised to stick together. This is also to increase camaraderie between each other so do take this seriously especially when engaging with Honkai beasts together."

"Teacher, tools and essentials are allowed, right?" Another girl asked.

"Correct, as long as the choice of essentials are not overly excessive, supplies such as tents, survival tools, weapons and rations are allowed." Answered the teacher.

If Y/N remembers it... his experience with the excursion/exercise in his prior life wasn't too bad but it wasn't the best of all due to his lack of strengths.

In fact, contrary to what others would assume, he managed to survive and pass the test only because of all the books he read about wild floras and faunas about the area he camped in.

Any Honkai beasts he encountered were miraculously low variant types that were weaker than other ones Valkyries would meet in a battlefield or mission so he managed to eliminate them using traps formed from the terrain itself.

"That will be all for this lesson, remember what I said and prepare yourselves in any way and for that, there will be no need to take extra revisions. Class dismissed." 

The instructor stated and then left the classroom, snapping Y/N out from his brief memory trip and before anyone could say anything else, he too left the area.