[Chapter 21] - Reunion Unforeseen

(POV - 3RD)

"WHAT?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!" 

Came Theresa's raised voice as she is seen standing up with her hands on her desk in alarm as Himeko only repeated what she said on the other side of the call on her computer.

"[I'm certainly not joking when the Science Department has reported that a new massive wave of Honkai energy spiked in Nagazora just now.]"

"Could it be-" The Principal began but Himeko interrupted her quickly.

"[It's too strong to be a regular Honkai beast before you ask which is why the scientists hypothesised that it in fact... is a Herrscher's wave.]"

*BAM*

"Only an eruption is capable of giving birth to a new Herrscher, isn't the third Herrscher already under our surveillance?!" Theresa demanded, slamming her hands on the desk.

"[The Science Department observed the wavelength of the spike and declared it weaker than the third Herrscher's wave but they believe that it's due to the absence of the Herrscher itself in the area which caused the residual energy to gather back together.]"

"[That remaining energy will most likely try and awaken a new Herrscher but the scientists have concluded it won't be enough to form a Herrscher core but given enough time, it will become another catastrophic threat to the world.]"

"[Should I go and take care of it?]" Himeko questioned after giving in the report to which Theresa shook her head and then giving her answer.

"No, your wounds from the third Herrscher haven't fully recovered yet so leave it to me this time." She stated but the Major had another opinion.

"[While I get you're a S-Rank Valkyrie but going alone into the completely infested city filled with zombies and Honkai beasts will still be dangerous for you, will you not at least take one or two person with you?]"

"Take a person or two..?" Theresa muttered before standing there in silence as she glanced at her personal Divine Key; Oath of Judah before thinking of Himeko's proposal.

Since Himeko is decommissioned and Fu Hua was too busy performing on her own missions as well as coaching her niece in getting better marks along with the help of both Bronya and Mei, out of everyone in the academy as of now; only seven individuals have experiences with dealing against a Herrscher attack including her.

All of them are out the question... except for one.

Speaking of a certain Einherjar, (Y/N) was still within Guizhong's Domain as he attempted to siphon more Adeptal Energy though himself as a conduit in order to get the hang of the abilities he has yet to even fully know of.

"Patience and practice, these are the fundamental steps in manipulating Adeptal energy even though it also applies for everything else." Guizhong said.

"I am aware..." (Y/N) muttered back as within his hands floated a small orb of light, warm and condensed as the Adeptal energy stabilised itself.

Guizhong had stated that a few hours within a Domain equates to seconds to minutes on the outside world and the late Goddess of Dust also mentioned the creator of a Domain can dictate how the time itself works inside and outside of both worlds.

Thus, several hours inside 'Voyage to the Sanguine Sky' is apparently the equivalent of just a few minutes outside in his room so he had plenty of time to practice harnessing Adeptal energy which felt similar to how he manipulated Geo elemental energy.

Suffice to say, he's getting better at it by the minute.

However, Guizhong dismissed her Domain without any warnings which caused (Y/N) to suddenly fall back onto the cool wooden floors of his room, the soft clouds and warmth of the golden sun immediately disappearing as the latter looked the goddess in confusion.