[Chapter 23] - A Legend Enshrouded

(POV - 3RD)

Throughout the annals of time and history, there have been countless legendary figures that left their footprints on the world in the distant past, both heroes and villains.

Whether it was against humanity itself or another force of evil or good, these renowned figures either wielded a weapon, donned an armour or clothing that was said to bless them with great strengths or wisdom which assisted in the creation of their legends and myths.

Legends which attributed to these heroes and villains' have weapons that are often portrayed as a singular blade capable of untold powers for good or evil intents.

Excalibur, the Sword in the Stone, the Sword in the Lake which belonged to King Arthur.

Caladbolg, sword of Fergus mac Róich which is said to have severed the earth.

Dáinsleif, the deadly sword of King Högni which is cursed to kill a man upon sheathing.

Tyrfing, the cursed sword of Svafrlami which would never quench its bloodlust to slay.

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, the blade of Susanoo, God of the Sea and Storms.

Gan Jiang and Mo Ye, the legendary married blades that are never separated.

Last but not least, the Xuanyuan Sword.

A blade that was gifted to humanity by the gods themselves, capable of vanquishing evil and safeguard mankind, the ancient people of Shenzhou viewed it as a sacred treasure.

Thought to have originated from the lost region of Jiuling, the Xuanyuan Sword was the possession of a long gone clan which the Honkai had eradicated, leaving the elder of the clan to give away the sword to his only daughter; Ji Xuanyuan.

Spurred by the desperate shouts of her clan to keep running and never look back, the young girl ran and ran until she exhausted herself and collapsed onto the ground... yet something at that very moment happened, a strange marking manifested on her body.

===============================

After the whole fiasco with the Pseudo-Herrscher in Nagazora, both him and Theresa have pretty much finished the assigned mission so after writing a report for the latter since he did kill the Herrscher albeit causing a huge collateral damage.

Both (Y/N) and secretly; Guizhong bore witness to Theresa's unknown transformation into a pinkette with a pair of fox or donkey or rabbit ears on her head?

The latter in turn was also stunned by the utter destruction of the high school as well as the fact that she sensed not a single speck of the Pseudo-Herrscher's presence, meaning (Y/N) had successfully and unexpected defeated it.

Theresa's shock would not last long before she transformed back from her furs- her unique appearance which she then stumbled to the ground from the sudden drop in strength.

Later on, (Y/N) would be the one to call in an emergency transport back to St. Freya to which he once again, ignored the dumbstruck looks on the escorting Valkyries' faces as they saw the site that used to be the school or the fact that he's carrying both Theresa AND the Oath of Judah.

From what he heard, the Divine Key was just too heavy to be carried by anyone except its users but to the Archon? It felt no heavier than the training bars he swung endlessly before.