[Chapter 10] - Soukai Supernatural

(POV - 3RD)

"...Vampires." Was the only word that came out of Theresa's mouth.

"I'm sorry, what did you say, Principal?" Y/N asked, hefting a stack of books in his arms as he followed the petite nun across the hallway.

The day had started with almost the same routine for our resident time traveller, wake up for a morning jog around St. Freya Academy and return to his dorm for his own breakfast and then prepare for the oncoming classes for the day.

Listening to teachers droning on the same lessons he heard in his past and sparring with other trainees and so far, nothing has been too interesting for the past week.

Although he does occasionally visit Xiao at the bar, the former was still visibly trying to adapt to his new life as a bartender-in-training and having a man like Alexander training him, whom Y/N still hasn't forget his first encounter as an enemy would surely be a... strange experience.

At least that's what he would think.

So imagine Y/N's surprise when today he would find himself assisting the principal of the academy in lugging around a stack of huge books with the little nun herself carrying at least one quarter of his stack.

Talk about unfairness but hey, he isn't as weak as before so he won't be complaining, much.

Back to the conversation which unexpectedly turned into a talk regarding the existence of the supernatural... but they live in a world where Honkai beasts and zombies and Herrschers exist so a supernatural talk won't be all out of the norm.

"Apparently, rumours in Soukai City has claimed the existence of 'vampires' at night, feasting on the blood of those who wander outside for too long." Theresa stated.

"Really..?" Y/N responded with scepticism.

"Yep, students who were visiting the city two to three days ago saw a black shadow lurking around the roofs of the buildings all the while the full moon's out!" 

"So it's just a city ghost story..." Y/N remarked dully.

"For a ghost story, it even has witnesses inside my academy." Theresa replied with mirth.

"Inside St. Freya too, you say?" The time traveller repeated.

"Of course, they obviously might be seeing something else, buuuut there is an undeniable possibility to it." Theresa replied, emphasising the "but".

"Considering the fact we live in a messed up world, it's likely plausible..." Y/N muttered.

"With how much the girls like to gossip, there's no telling if any phenomenon would actually happen within academy grounds." 

"There's something like that?" Y/N asked as they rounded the corner in the library.

"Yep, didn't you know about it?" Theresa questioned.

"So turns out Principal Theresa is an avid enthusiast for the supernatural?" Y/N casually concluded, causing the petite nun to almost stumble.

 "It-it..." She began to stutter as Y/N raised a brow.

"It... what?" He asked.

"It's not like I used most of my time looking up ghost stories or any other rumours in the city! It'sjustthatIwanttobepreparedforanygoodtopicsifIwastotalktoastudentsoit'snotlike-" Theresa stuttered as she quickly explained.

"I don't even know what are you're talking about... and that was a compliment though..?" The time traveller thought with sweat-drop.

"Please calm down, I was joking." Y/N stated, cutting Theresa off which caused her to sigh almost with relief though she hid it well.