[Chapter 20] - Heritage Heralding

(POV - 3RD)

Time went by quickly like a breeze as the results of the Valkyrie Trials have been announced today which did not help the anxiety and tension and growing stress brewing amongst the students which is natural as any examinations comes and goes.

As the time for the results to be announced onto the noticeboard draws ever closer, more girls arrive to the area nervously as some began whispering their doubts and fears to each other.

"When will they post the results?! I'm getting goose bumps all over!!" One muttered, bouncing around the spot as her friend smacked her in the shoulder.

"T-that's the sixth time you've said it! You're making me even more nervous!" She added, biting her thumb in apprehension.

"Please let it be a pass, please let it be a pass, pleaseletitbeapass-!!!" Another girl was literally praying to herself all a certain tuna was humming merrily.

"You sure don't look worried about the results, Kiana?" One classmate remarked, glancing at the said Kaslana's nonchalant demeanour.

"I think you just might be the third calmest person waiting for their results." Another one added.

"Of course, there's no way I'm gonna fail! I'm an uber-genius!" Kiana declared with Bronya scoffing lightly by her side.

"Bronya believes Subject Kiana meant she's an uber-idiotka." She stated.

"Oh shut up, Bratnya! You're just jealous at my intellect!" Kiana refuted before someone gasped as the results are finally announced.

The trio and the rest of the Valkyries-in-training looked through all the results, some were dejected and miserable while others looked elated and relieved from the given scores.

"Holy-! Thank god I did better than I thought!" 

"At least I got a pass..."

"Damn it, got a lower mark than I wanted..!" 

"Why was there a question about the mitochondria being the powerhouse of the cell?"

"Will you shut up about that?!?"

"...I blundered at mathematics... who thought adding letters to numbers was good idea?"

"Don't even get me started on one of the questions, what does maths have anything to do with becoming a Valkyrie?!"

Meanwhile, near the back of the group as everyone was preoccupied with looking at their scores, the Einherjar looked at his own result which was right at the top of the rankings alongside Fu Hua's own name. Since he and the Class Monitor both excelled in their exams with their performances, both were given first place.

"Look! The new transfer students are on second and third ranking!" One student exclaimed, looking at Bronya and Mei's respective places.

"If that's the case the first place is mine!" Kiana declared, pushing past them all to look at the very top of the markings... only to see "(Y/N) (L/N)" and "Fu Hua".

"WHAT?! The guy and girl who can't speak English?! Where's my name?!" Kiana squawked in shock, looking all over the board.

"Um... Kiana? I found your name here..." Mei called out, standing with Bronya a bit further from their places as they both looked at the board near the far right.

Both of their expressions were quite blank as Kiana happily skipped over to them while ignoring their indifferent faces that bordered on worried.

"Did they give me a completely different spot because of how smart I was? Sorry to leave you in Rank 3!" Kiana said before her gaze of joy turned to sheer horror and disbelief.