[Chapter 18] - Entr'acte

(POV - 3RD)

"Well, that could have gone weirder..." (Y/N) thought to himself, lying on the bed within the infirmary of St. Freya.

His clothes were taken off and his chest and "injuries" were all bandaged up tightly and he was asked to stay in bed to rest his wounds before doing anything else.

The Archon had ended back on at the academy after he dismissed himself from the battlefield from the fight with the Herrscher of Thunder which he then returned to the area where he got smashed into to improvise his next steps.

While it certainly felt odd in his opinion to pretend and be injured and then return to the Hyperion after he made a wreck on it earlier, he needed an incentive that'll stop the trio of girls from questioning him or anyone who knew him; Himeko especially.

So he unfortunately had to injure himself and then sent out a signal, aka; blow a building up to create a huge plume of smoke and fire which managed to get the attention of the still vigilant crew atop the Hyperion which wasted no time retrieving him.

Another unfortunate and somewhat amusing occurrence was... well, their reception of him since the redhead Major somehow did NOT recognise him at all, did he change that much?

To say it was awkward when Himeko started flirting with him without recognising him would be a huge understatement, when he simply slouched down and messed up his hairstyle to its old appearance, the Einherjar wished he had a camera to see the woman's reaction.

After hastily ushering him to the infirmary for his injuries which (Y/N) had some rights to believe it was to get rid of the awkwardness between them as well as the tension but for now, he should be hopefully safe from questioning and suspicion. 

Keyword; hopefully.

Later on, the Hyperion with what remains of its energy proceeded to make its way back to the academy where he and the three girls will get proper treatments.

Now back to the present, he continued resting in the infirmary while waiting for further instructions from the authority but it still didn't change the fact he was getting bored here.

...Also, why did the nurses stare at his chest and then their own? One of them also cried a little... did, did he do something wrong? Why does he feel like he's the guilty one?

Women are weird...

Meanwhile, on the other side of the academy walked one Himeko Murata towards the principal's office while groaning with complaints as she massaged her shoulders and stretching herself.

"God damn it... it's been three days already and my body still feels like shit..." She cursed, stepping into the office where Theresa waited.

"You've overstepped your limits with a prototypical Nexus System while also taking a Herrscher head on like an idiot, count yourself lucky that you're not dead."

"Hot headed bimbos like you always mess up." The said principal stated, pointing at Himeko... who looked back at the tiny head barely peering over the desk.

"Where are you, madam Principal? I'm afraid I can't find you!" Himeko cooed mockingly, looking around the office as Theresa's face turned red from anger and embarrassment.

"Shut it! My report, NOW!" She ordered.

"Alright, alright, wait... and here you go!" Himeko answered, slightly pulling down her collar before pulling out a device from her... bosom?

"W-what the hell?! Why would you keep an important data in there?!" Theresa exclaimed, cheeks flustered as she pointed accusingly at Himeko.

"Thought we're doing this in 'secret', that's what you told me. The data has to be concealed in a safe place if we don't want anyone to find out~" She remarked.