[Chapter 19] - Semester Anew

He stood upon and above a realm of stars beyond the horizon, his gaze casting all over the luminescent foundation that gave no source of light nor darkness, no life nor death.

There was no life to be thrived here nor would there be any foes to battle against yet this realm is not one out of the ordinary, the ground shimmers like a mirror and ripples form with each steps he took but he did not care for this mesmerising landscape.

There was no life yet in front of him stood another figure, her lightless eyes of magenta brushed over his limping form sporting a sleeveless top while his left arm remained dark like night.

Just like her own limbs, he noticed but paid no heed to it as he took in everything in front of him, a mysterious individual within this otherworldly plane of existence with the other creatures he had fought earlier before falling into this place.

Below them and within the moonless galaxy-like sea and waves swam a gargantuan creature as silent as the night but he paid no attention to the whale-like being as he began circling around the realm with the unknown woman following suit.

Despite his sudden intrusion into this realm, the woman paid no attention to that fact but only watched his every moves with an eerie unblinking gaze, she looked and felt human yet an aura of diluted bloodlust and foreign madness emanated from her entire being.

As much as he hates to admit it, the bloodlust itself felt addicting and intoxicating as his warped mind began running wildly with his abyssal arm seemingly twitching in agreement.

A single distorted howl rang from the cosmos and he striked.

His foot pushed against the liquid ground before he lunged into the air with his hands morphing into earthen claws as he fell towards the woman with the intent to kill.

He slammed into the shimmering ground as waves and ripples splashed from the impact, obscuring his surroundings but not the sensation of failing to rip his hands into flesh.

Seeing his first attack end in failure, he only turned around and from the corners of his eyes did he see the woman standing right behind him with a sword in hand and poised to cut.

For the briefest moment, there was nothing but silence which was then broken as he spun around with his claws reaching for the woman just before she swung down.

However, he failed to pierce through the mysterious woman once more as she seemingly vanished in a burst of wind and reappeared just a few feet away from him.

He did not relent as he charged straight at her, leaping right at her which she proceeded to vanish again and then appear behind him, prompting him to quickly redirect himself to swing his leg at her for a kick.

She not only possessed nigh impossible reflexes and reaction timing but also unbelievable speed which is only further enhanced by that foul energy seeping through her body and his own.

Before he could retract his fist which he had swung for another attack, the woman grabbed him by his neck and what remains of his top and then rapidly spun him around herself whereas her own fist came to meet his face as he spun back to face her.

The force behind her sudden strike was enough to make himself spin in the air continuously before he landed on his feet but only to see the woman strike with her blade.

Yet she was too far to properly hit him but as she swung her blade down, he felt the air around him bend and break to her strength as the wind and shockwave caused him to get blown back several bounds away from her and across this realm.