𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Jungkook's POV

"Han Lia!" I call her from the doorway of our room. She flinches throwing her phone away and sits up on the bed smiling at me, "Hey, Jungkook."

"Were you studying?" I knit my eyebrows and glare at her.

"I was," she grins, "Of course!"

I go near her and take her textbook. I frown seeing the same page I saw the last time I came to check on her, "It's the same page I saw-"

"Yeah, I-"

"Don't lie, Lia," I cut her off before she make an excuse, "You have to study for your exam. I want you to top the class."

"All I can think about is your disappointed face," she frowns, "I'm never gonna top the exam."

"You will," I smile as I sit next to her, "You will if you try hard."

"Jungkook, I've revised this chapter like a hundred times," she frowns, "I know every nook and cranny of this book."

"Then shall I test you?" I giggle cupping her face, "Once you're done with the exams and graduation, I promise we'll go on a vacation, okay?"

"It's not about a vacation, Jungkook," she sighs as she flops back onto the bed, "I want to be with you... You're barely home and when you are, you force me to stay in the room and study. I just want you near me."

"You know, baby," I pout, "We're having a lot of new collaborations and I need to be there. I'm sorry for not having enough time for you. That's why I'm planning our vacation after your graduation. Just a few more weeks."

"Alright," she smiles, "Can you at least stay in this room with me while I study? Can you just hold me? Please?"

My heart melts from her request, "Sure, baby," I grin as I crawl near the headboard and extend my arms, "Come on," I make grabby hands at her. She crawls over to me and lays back onto my chest.

"This feels so good," she sighs in contentment and closes her eyes.

"Don't sleep," I chuckle, "You need to study."

"Okay, sir," she rolls her eyes and opens her book.

Lia's POV

As I started getting comfortable in Jungkook's arms, his phone goes off and I roll my eyes. I'm not letting him leave.

"Hello?" Jungkook answers, "What?" His voice picks up fury, "Why can't you do one thing right?"

"Hold on," he sighs, "I'm coming. I'll be there in fifteen," he hangs up and looks at me, "Lia... Baby, I'm sorry."

I sigh as I felt tears sting my eyes, "It's alright," I force a smile, "You can go... Be safe."

"Thank you, baby," he gets up running to the cupboard, "You're so understanding," he takes his work clothes and runs into the bathroom. I try to hold my tears back. I know he's busy but it affects me so much. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't want me anymore... I mean, look at the both of us, he's a young, rich CEO and I'm a broke college student. What if he doesn't want me anymore? What if he found another woman who's better for him? Who's educated, who's capable of handling a company and household chores, who's pretty, tall and slim unlike me who is short and ugly. He always said he wanted a perfect woman who could take care of him and his kids, who could handle the company when he's away. I remember shooting down his dream woman description saying he should marry his mother then...

FLASHBACK

"I want a woman who is tall, slim, pretty and educated," he leans back comfortably into the car seat, "She should be able to take care of me, our kids and handle the company. She'd be the most perfect woman in this world."

I scoff, "Then just marry your mother."

"What?" His face twists into a disgusted expression.

"No, your description sounds like how a mother is," I roll my eyes.

"Are you telling me that no such perfect woman exists?" He raises an eyebrow making me want to strangle him.

"A perfect woman may exist but why do you have such high expectations from a woman when you don't match anything a woman would want?" I ask.

PRESENT

I met him through my cousin, Jimin. He was supposed to pick me up from college but ended up stuck at the workplace so asked Jungkook to pick me up. We were enemies, huge enemies. Hated each other but ended up falling for each other. We often met because Jimin worked at his company and I lived with Jimin. He'd often visit our place and annoy the life out of me. 

He confessed to me when I took a bullet for him... He was all crying and blabbering something inaudible to me as I was on the floor, bleeding and crying. He vanished after he took me to the hospital thinking I heard all the things he said but I hadn't heard anything. I thought I'd forget him but I couldn't. I was very disappointed that he ditched me after I took a whole ass bullet for him on my shoulder and now every time I lifted my hand, it would shiver and sometimes even hurt... I was hurt both physically and mentally. After a month, he showed up at my house—drenched in the rain. He smiled softly at me and took my hands.

He took me to his house and into the dining room which was decorated with a lot of roses and candles. He set me down on the chair at the head of the table and kneeled in front of me. His eyes were moist and he was sniffing.

"Do you want to drink something?" He asked, "I have your favourite juice... Lots of it."

I had quirked an eyebrow at him because I hadn't gotten what he wanted. 

"Listen," he sniffed, "I know you hate me but please hear me out. I really love you. I love you so much. I loved you since the day you slapped me for ruining your drawing of Jimin. I'm sorry I just got jealous that day because I asked you to draw me and you said you wouldn't draw jerks," tears flowed down his face as he smiled looking down, "Anyway, back to the topic," he looked up, "I love you so much and I want us to be together. I promise I will never pull any pranks on you again. I'll buy you anything and everything. I'll even drop you at college every day so you don't have to bother Jimin. Will you please give me a chance?"

I accepted it. That was my second year of college and now it has been two years. I'm in my final year and things are stressful. Jungkook has been pressuring me to study all the time. I did study enough... Enough to get good grades but I can never come first in an exam, the competition is way too high. I'm simply not made for topping an exam.

But he is...

He came first in all of his exams, he's perfect...

I never noticed the tears running down my cheeks.

Maybe I am just not good for him

1200 WORDS