𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠

Jungkook was done dressing her with brand new clothes. He had already ordered a ton of clothes for Lia. He wasn't going to stop at clothes. She was going to have everything she wanted lying down at her feet.

"I miss you so much," he kisses the back of her hand, "I'm never letting you go again. You're gonna be stuck with me forever."

Hoseok lightly knocks before walking in, "How is she?"

"I think she's turned back fully," he pushes a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I hope she'll be okay."

"I think she needs a doctor, Jungkook," Hoseok sighs, "Let me call our doctor."

"Alright," Jungkook nods without taking his eyes off her. He's observed her plenty in the three years he kept her but not in her human form. He's seen her tear a human apart, he's seen her lose her little zombie mind trying to get to him. 

"What are you gonna tell her?" Hoseok asks softly, "She's not gonna be happy."

"I- I don't know," Jungkook sighs, "I never really thought about that."

"You don't know how she's gonna wake up, Jungkook," he replies, "She's been a mindless zombie for three years. What if she's lost her memories or something?"

"I hope not," he purses his lips, "I really hope not. I don't know what I'd do..."

"Maybe it'd be good?" Hoseok says, "You could start anew... She'll... She'll never know."

"But our memories," he closes his eyes, "All that- She won't have them and she won't love me."

"You think she still loves you?" Hoseok whispers.

"Maybe not but," Jungkook sighs, "She knows me. We'll be able to heal together."

"The doctor's here. We should let him look at her," he informs and steps out of the room.

"You're gonna be just fine," Jungkook places a firm kiss on her forehead and follows Hoseok.

45 minutes later...

"I still can't believe the vaccination can turn people back," the doctor shakes his head in disbelief, "This is a game-changing discovery-"

"I'm glad Jungkook tried it," Hoseok smiles patting Jungkook's back.

"I'm just glad that she's gonna be fine," Jungkook sniffs wiping his tears.

"Yeah but be careful," the doctor nods, "She's fragile and needs time to recover."

"I'll take care of her," he nods with a smile.

"I'll take my leave now," the doctor smiles, "Don't forget to get the second dosage of the vaccine soon, eh?"

"Yeah, of course," Hoseok shakes his hand and walks him out.

Jungkook hears shuffling inside the room and he rushes in to see Lia up and trying to get out of bed.

"LIA!" He rushes to her side, "Oh my God, Lia. Stay in bed, please."

"What-" Lia whispers before holding pressing her palm to her head, "What's going on-"

"It's okay," Jungkook chants over and over again, "Everything's okay. Just stay in bed. You're fine."

"Jungkook?" Lia asks and Jungkook clenches his eyes shut. It's been a while since he last heard her say his name.

"Yes, baby," he whispers, "Your Jungkook."

"I thought-" 

"Just lie down please," he begs holding onto her hand, "Please."

She nods softly before lying back down. Her breathing seemed very erratic and panicked. 

"Baby," Jungkook coos, "Please, breathe. I'll explain everything once you're calm and well-rested. Okay?"

"O-okay," she replies trying to breathe.

"Yes, cupcake," he smiles softly, "Just like that. Slow."

"Am I dead?" She asks softly.

"What?" He chuckles, "No, you're not dead, sugar. You're alive. Very alive."

"Then wha-" She swallows with her dry throat, the sting her throat making her cough, "I need water."

"I'll get it," Jungkook shoots up from beside her and pours her a glass of water, "Here you go, cupcake. Slow."

She swallows the glass of water in a second and motions for another glass. After downing about four and a half glasses of water she sits up slowly.

"You can lay down," he says, "You don't have to get up."

"No- I feel better," she sighs, "I feel better."

"Are you hungry-"

"Jungkook," she interrupts him, "Are we gonna pretend like I wasn't bitten by a zombie a while ago?"

Does she think it was a while ago? Oh god, she doesn't know that three years have passed by.

"Why am I still human, Jungkook?" She asks shivering, "Did you find a way to cure me?"

I did. He thought. I did but it was an accident. I didn't even know she was going to turn back.

"Jungkook, answer me!" She raises her voice, "What happened?"

"I- You were bitten," he recollects the moment from three years ago.

"And?" She encourages him to go on.

"You turned into a zombie," he states softly. 

"Why am I human, Jungkook?" She asks, "What did you do?"

"I- How long do you think it's been since the bite?" He asks as his eyes well up with tears.

"I don't know," she shakes her head, "A few hours? Maybe a day or two. Why?"

Few hours. She thinks it's been around a few hours to a day or two.

"Jungkook?"

"It's been three years

"It's been three years."

820 WORDS