𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

Lia's POV

The crowd was loud and excited with all the students' parents and supporters. Every student's supporter was cheering... Except for mine. Yeah, he didn't come. He never will. We're all standing on the bleacher for pictures. Everyone smiles out of happiness at the camera, exchanging loving and proud glances with their loved ones while I force myself to smile at the camera. I shouldn't have hoped that he would come to my graduation. Wasn't it obvious? He's too busy for you. 

"SMILE!" The photographer screams, "INTO THE CAMERA NOT AT YOUR PARENTS! COME ON! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY."

I smile at the camera along with the others. The blinding light of the camera makes several of us close our eyes.

"OH, COME ON!" The photographer yells to be heard over the loud crowd, "STOP CLOSING YOUR EYES! IT ISN'T THAT BRIGHT."

"IT IS!" A student screams causing everyone to burst into a fit of laughter. 

"OH, THEN DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU GET UGLY PICTURES OF YOURSELF IN THE GRADUATION ALBUM," The photographer replies.

"MAYBE JUST REDUCE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE FLASH!?" Another girl screams, "It's literally the middle of the day! The sun is high up and we don't need extra lighting."

"FINE!" The photographer gives up and turns off the flash murmuring. We all grin at his silliness and pose for the picture.

"Alright!" The principal announces, "You all can go stuff yourselves with all the food in the cafeteria. Don't forget to share! Those who wish to return home, are free to do so. I wish you all good luck."

I have nothing at home... I'd rather stay and enjoy the food and drinks. I take a plate and stuff food onto it and settle on a table with my usual group of friends. 

"Lia!" One of them exclaims, "Where's Jungkook?"

I wanted to roll my eyes but I smile to avoid drama on the last day I'll ever be seeing this college, "He didn't show up."

"Oh, that's bad," she smirks, "Maybe he's cheating on you."

I shake my head with a smile. Bitches... They're talking to me only to get closer to Jungkook. The only thing they talk to me about is Jungkook.

"Where is he then?" She asks.

"Busy, office," I reply with a short answer. 

"You really should confront him," she suggests, "It's okay even if you fight, you need to be clear about your relationship status. What if he isn't interested in you anymore? You should ask."

I scoff mentally. So I fight, break up with him and you can shoot your shot? No. I nod slightly digging at my food with chopsticks. She even ruined my appetite... Great.

"Is my makeup okay?" She whispers, "In case Jungkook shows up, I need to look good."

"You're gorgeous!" The other one whispers, "He'll definitely notice you."

"Yeah for being a bitch," I murmur.

"You said something?" She asks.

"I need the bathroom. I'll be back," I leave the table and walk towards the school entrance. Suddenly I hear screams and loud noises from the seating area. I turn around and look to see everyone running around and tackling each other. What? What the hell are they doing? I squint my eyes to see what was going on when suddenly I hear ruffling in the bushes. I whip my head in that direction to see a struggling man. His face was rotten and his joints were weirdly twisting. I step back. What the hell is that? The man's grey eyes shoot up at me and he gives me a nasty snarl. Oh, hell no. I turn on my heels and run to the cafeteria to find my friends but the cafeteria was in the same condition, everyone thrashing around with rotten bodies attacking everyone and crawling on the ground. I turn around to see the same man chasing me. I run into the school and down the halls. I enter the washroom and lock it. I hear gasps and pained cries in one of the stalls. 

"W-who is that?" I ask, stuttering.

"Help!" She cries and I open the stall. 

She was clutching onto her bleeding, black hand and crying, "Help, it hurts."

"Your a-arm- It's black," I inform her.

"Call someone," she cries, "It hurts!"

"Okay, wait," I nod and turn on my phone in a hurry. I call the ambulance but the line wasn't available. I panic and look at her crying. 

"It's gonna be okay," I try to calm her down, "Do you want anything?"

She just foams from her mouth instead of replying. I panic and shake her. I don't know what to do- I hear a knock from the outside and I run and open the door to see our principal.

"You! Are you okay?" She asks panting, "Run and go home! I've informed all parents-" She couldn't finish before something tackled her as she screamed. I panic and run out of the bathroom to be met by a group of snarling people. I shiver and tears start flowing down my cheeks out of fear. I turn round the corner to the classrooms and try to get in but all of them were locked. I bang at a few doors to get but it was of no use. I see the group of rotten bodies with dislocated joints run to me. I start running forward and find my locker. I quickly put in the locker code and get inside closing the door and locking myself inside. The group of things run past me and I shiver in my locker trying to pull my phone out of my pocket. I pull it out and call Jungkook. Please pick up, please. The line keeps ringing but he does not answer the call. I cry out in frustration.

"Jungkook, please pick up the call," hot tears rush down my cheeks and neck, "Please just let me know you're okay."

"Please pick up the call!" I yell into the phone.

"Please be okay," I sob, "Please answer and tell me you're okay."

"I don't even want to know what is going on if you aren't

"I don't even want to know what is going on if you aren't."

1020 WORDS