𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

"Jungkook-" She sobs as I tie the wound on her leg with a cloth, "I'm so sorry. I didn't-"

"It's not your fault," Hoseok says softly patting her head.

"What are we gonna do now?" She sniffs, "Kill me, right?" She looks at me and I clench my jaws.

Kill her? She wants me to kill her? I would never be able to do that. I would never do that.

"Jungkook?" She smiles through her tears, "You're gonna do that for me, right?"

I close my eyes tightly and sigh, "There must be a cure-"

"Jungkook, no," she shakes her head, "I don't want to be one of those things."

"I know but I'm sure the scientists must have discovered a cure!" I reply to her, "Lia. Babe, you know I can never hurt you, right? How am I supposed to- to kill you? Do you even hear what you're saying?" I scoff at her expectations.

"Jungkook," she pauses and sniffs, "You can't possibly keep me alive when I'm about to turn into one of those things."

"I will," I huff out—tears pricking my eyes, "If I have to I will keep you alive."

"Jung-"

"Shut up," I say softly and reach out to her, "Let's go."

"Go where?" She shakes her head and denies my hand.

"The ship's gonna reach soon," I say and look at Hoseok, "We'll find a way to cure you after getting on shore."

"Japan's supposed to be an infection-free shore," she shakes her head and moves back, "You can't take me there. They won't let you through the inspection."

"You think I can't handle an inspection?" I reply as I watch Hoseok patting the baby's back softly. He's always good with innocent people.

"You can but I don't want this spreading in a country with innocent people," she says sternly.

"It won't spread if you just listen," I try to get a hold of her arm but she pushes me off, "It won't if you listen to me," she retaliates, "Jungkook. Just end it here. Please. I don't wanna be one of those things."

"You won't," I repeat as I finally grab her and pull her closer, "We'll find a way."

"If you- If you don't?" She looks at me. 

My heart falls. I didn't know what I'd do if I didn't find a way to keep her from turning, "We will," I say softly, "We should get going." 

"Jungk-" She gets cut off by the ship's horn, indicating that we reached.

"We should get off the ship," I say and pull her up but she pulls her hand away. I look at her with my eyes wide open. Why- Why did she do that?

It was apparent she noticed the hurt in my eyes, "I- I don't wanna infect you, Jungkook. I can't."

I sigh and reach out to her, "You won't... I'll be okay."

She shakes her head withdrawing her hand from me, "Just-" she pauses, "I'll walk ahead. You guys follow me. Please-" her eyes well up, "Please shoot me if I turn."

I close my mouth. I didn't want to make promises I couldn't keep to her. I can't do that to her again.

"Hyung," I sniff, "Call our men and ask them to get the house ready."

"The house?" Lia asks, "Jungkook, are you hearing yourself? How can you take me to a house—a supposedly safe place, when I'm gonna turn!"

I clench my jaws. I will not kill her. Doesn't matter if she turns or not. I'm not killing her. I can't.