x

03.11.2021
01:49

When you feel a pang of loneliness, laugh a little louder. Try to form a joke that you know people will like. And remember that silly incident that happened years ago? Tell it to them. And exaggerate until humour veils vulnerability. The entire room is filled with people who look happy, but all you smell is sadness. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why can't you smile more often? Why can't you feel grateful about the little things? See. That sunset. It looks so beautiful, doesn't it? Doesn't that make you feel anything? And when people say love is magical, why don't you nod in affirmation? Why don't you sing happy songs? Why don't you dance more often to the beats of some awful music? Listen, you can't live like this. The world demands acknowledgment - roam around your city, take more selfies, and don't let your face show the emptiness you carry. And when it gets too hard, go see some comic making fun of modernity and emotions. Why feel when you can share 564 different memes? Why express when you can make a parody of everything? Define your self with fancy titles - writer, poet, lover. Bibliophile. Sapiosexual. CEO, CCO, what not. Right swipe. Left swipe. This app. That app. The world is not fucked. Repeat after yourself. Look in the mirror. Straighten your shoulder. You're okay. You're fine. Didn't that buzzfeed quiz tell you that you're similar to your favourite movie character? Small talk. Small talk. Small talk. Weather is so nice. Hey, did you know this? Hahaha, you're so funny. Are you okay? Forget about it. Someday, sometime, loneliness will come sleep next to you. Hug it, then. Maybe cry too. But remember to lock the doors. You don't want anyone else to see you like this.