x

21.11.21
00:29

this isn't one of those stories where the boy with half an ear is revealed to be a prince in disguise, not the story where the dog is found and returned to the bed in front of the electric fireplace. we stay out in the cold all night until the sun comes up over the city of drums. just yesterday the holy spirit was still stretching over the surface of the deep, and already there are holes in your jacket and in my teeth. the ocean is gone but when lie on the floor i hear it yelling at the baby in unit 3C to shut up. this isn't one of those stories where someone is found, no homecoming, no warm socks from here on out. the apartment smells like a hotel room after a funeral and i've kept you waiting on the sidewalk for years at a time. we'd both like to be kissed but neither one of us wants to do the kissing. this isn't one of those stories that ends. every time i ask what happened to your ear you tell another lie. we keep dreaming up people to love who aren't each other. the prince is out in the freezing rain where i left him. you saw a dog inside-out at the bus stop. city of drums, blue eyelids thin like flower petals. you've started stopping under every streetlamp with your neck breaking backward. you say the stars the stars the stars are lovely tonight. like an electric fireplace in somebody else's living room. i'll kiss you, soon, i promise. our parents are not looking for us. if i don't take you home, nobody will.