🎸 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 - 𝕏 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 🎸

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Competing - Wilbur ───────────⚪────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 𝟸:𝟷𝟾 / 𝟹:𝟻𝟼⠀───○ 🔊

◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 𝟸:𝟷𝟾 / 𝟹:𝟻𝟼⠀───○ 🔊

————————————————————
3rd Person.
They/them pronouns.
Context: RoyaltyAU. After a joke Tommy played on Wilbur, he finds himself fighting one of the strongest people in the kingdom. They seem to connect with each other.
𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗
————————————————————

Wilbur glanced across the hall to where they were standing.
Y/N.
One of the strongest fighters he knew apart from his own older brother - Techno. As a matter of fact, Techno had only just scraped the victory when the two faced off in a head-to-head combat, meaning they were pretty even in power to him.

Wilbur couldn't remember why he had ended up in this situation, but he wish he hadn't, because he was well aware that it wasn't going to work in his favour.
He assumed it was something Tommy had jokingly signed him up for, and hadn't thought about who he was addressing.
Because Y/N was a threat. A huge and dangerous threat. They had a legacy to lose, and if they were like Techno, it would power them on.

————————————————

"Y/N. Are you ready?"
The (H/C) glanced up to Dream and smiled, "Yep. Should be an easy win for me. Techno told me that Wilbur is definitely not a fighter."
"Makes me wonder why he's even trying in the first place."
The other just hummed back in response as they ran their sharpening stone along their blade. They had the power in this, it wasn't difficult to see.
"Should I go all out in the beginning or savour my power?"
"Savour it. Don't want to getting too confident Y/N." The blonde responded angrily.
"Okay. Got it."
"Good luck, Y/N."
"Thank you, Dream."

————————————————

"You ready Wilbur?"
The brown-haired boy was shaking, "No. Why am I even doing this? Techno, I have a death wish!"
"You'll be fine if you do what I say. I've been working with you so you're not that disadvantaged." Techno responded, throwing his pink braid behind his shoulders.
"You're way too optimistic." He responded, tightening the armour on his body.
"You're literally wearing armour which they aren't allowed, you could win this."
"No."
The pinkette chuckled, "You're attitude is what is going to ruin it for you."
He sighed, "I'll give it my best shot."
"Good luck, Wilbur."
"Thank you."

————————————————

Once brought into the arena, the two quickly went at it, Wilbur panicked and allowed Y/N to get closer.
"Hey pretty boy." Y/N taunted in a deep whisper.
He managed to block one of their strikes, and gained slightly more confidence, "Hey."
They pulled back and allowed him to take a shot at them, "You're better than I expected."
Shocked, Wilbur relaxed for a second, "Wait... really?"
The other in question smirked, "Yeah, but you missed one thing..."
They slid their sword underneath his, knocking out of his weaker hand. As he bent to pick it up, they placed their hand on his shoulder and pushed him to the ground, holding the blade to his neck.
"Never break focus, it's your downfall." They paused, raising their hand.

"Y/N IS THE WINNER."

————————————————

They offered a hand to Will, which he took rather quickly. Considering the fact they could easily overpower him, he didn't feel afraid of them.
"Come with me, we'll go grab a drink." They said calmly, still not letting go of his hand.

The two headed into an empty room, and they handed him a bottle of water.
He sat beside them and accepted it graciously.
"I must say..." Wilbur began, "You seem way to polite to be a ruthless fighter."
The younger laughed gently, "Well, I am a completely different person to what you saw out there. I prefer being kind and quiet than bloodthirsty and cold. You may notice the same with your brother."
He sipped his water, "Techno hates his legacy... Being the blood god isn't something he likes hanging over his head."
"I'll bet..." Y/N responded, "That's why I like fights which end the way ours did. It's hard."

————————————————

The two continued to chat and get to know each other. Y/N was calm, polite, and honestly kind of cute to Wilbur. He learned they were interested in music outside of fighting.
Whereas Y/N found Wilbur's intelligence and poise rather refreshing and attractive. They also learned that he played guitar.
"Well... one of my friends are adamant on calling me 'lover boy' and I don't know why." The (H/C) laughed after he spoke.
"That's... not the worst thing he could call you at least?" Y/N replied hesitantly before giggling.
"Oh, I'm well aware of that." He said sarcastically, "But it's just rather strange don't you think?"
"I agree with you 100%."

"Hey Will, son?" A man with blonde hair and dressed in green and white appeared from the door, "We need to go."
Wilbur sighed, "Well... I've had a great time getting to know you. We must meet again."
They smiled, "That's returned to you. Maybe you could teach me to play one time?"
"You're on. But you need to teach me to fight."
"Alright." They smirked, "Goodbye, Lover Boy... Thanks for the competition."

————————————————
859 Words
————————————————