Chapter 11: Music Store

"Mom, I'm going out" I said already walking to the door.

"Honey, are you going out with Abby?" she said peeking from the kitchen.

"No, Mom. Just me," I said looking at her.

"Where are you going?"

"Just at the music store" I said shrugging.

"Okay,honey, be careful" she said going back to the kitchen then as if she'd forgotten to say something, she yelled, "And don't stay out too late!!!"

"Yeah!, mom, and I'll be careful. Bye!!!" I shouted back then closed the door

I got inside the small garage we have and got my bike, riding it then setting out for the Music Store...

---

"Hey!, Dan" I said waving at the cashier guy.

Dan is a guy working here, like everyday and he's the only person I've ever talk too a lot besides my family and Abby. I go here a lot so, go figure...

His eyes lit up and he stood from his chair immediately, hitting his knee on the counter.

Ouch! that must've hurt and by the look on his face, it did hurt a lot.

"Hey, Taylor" he said giving me a wave of his own before it went back to rubbing his knee.

"Is your knee okay?" I said trying to peek a look on his knee.

"Yeah, it's fine. Don't mind it," but the look on his face said otherwise. "How can I be of service today?"

"Don't mind me I'm just looking for something for my guitar."

He got out of his place and followed me.

"What exactly are you looking for?" he asked raising an eyebrow beside me.

"Some strings, strap, some polisher" I said counting it with my fingers. "And a pick and a song book if I could manage." I said smiling sadly, probably you know about our family and I don't want wasting money.

He bended down and got the things that I need.

"You don't have to do that" I said bending down too, sitting at the heel of my feet.

"It's my job anyway," he said shrugging.

"But I could do that."

"Nah, I don't mind anyway. Now, what number of string?" he asked.

"The first one," I said.

"Thanks a lot," I said grabbing the things he was holding.

"About how much are these?" I asked holding out the things he got for me.

"About sixty" he said shrugging.

FUDGE!!

I only got fifty...

"I'll leave the song book and the pick for now," I said returning the things.

"Why?"

" I'm low on money," I said feeling suddenly embarrassed about the thought.

"Nonsense, I'll pay for it. Consider it as my birthday present for you" he said taking money out of his pocket.

"You don't even know when my birthday is" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Well, then Christmas gift"

" You hardly even know me"

" I know enough of you to know you' re a good person."