Chapter 14

Hey Wattpad-ers!

So, I decided to write Chapter 14!

Chapter 14- Truth or  Dare...

I woke up the next morning with a start.

Looking around my room, searching  for Jane who slept here the night before, but coming up empty handed.

Standing from the comfort of my bed, thinking that she may have gone to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

What time is it?

Glancing at the clock beside my bed, I soon found out it was7:30.

I woke up too early, I usually sleep up to ten or even one in the afternoon, yeah, I love non- school days. And sleeping.

I ran down the stairs, wondering what I am gonna eat for breakfast, yet again, I was surprised to smell pancakes, mouth-watering pancakes.

“Morning, mom, Jane. Wonderful pancakes I’m smelling.”

Sitting on the stool, I was met with the sight of still hot and steamy pancakes.

Yummy!!!!

I started to dig in, not long after, what had once been a plateful of pancakes now lay bare and empty.

“Mom, will you let us leave you with all this dishes and while we watch a movie?”

Please let us... Please let us... Please let us...

“Taylor Howards” oh, man  “I expect you to wash the dishes and clean the house, cause  I have work to go to.” Aaahhhhhh.....  “And if I don’t go and get ready now, I’ll be late for work.”

Fudgeballs.....

As soon as my mom left to go and get ready I faced Jane.

“Will you please, please, please, please stay and help me clean.” I pleaded with that puppy dog face that I always thought made me look constipated.

“Well, what are friends for?” she smiled

“Get ready for the cleaning of your life.” I said smiling back.

“I was born ready.” And with that we were off to clean the house.

----------

“Hit me, baby, one more time!” We sang as we collapsed on the couch, don’t ask me how we ended up singing that song.

“It’s official.” I faced her “That, my friend is the best time that in years in cleaning our house.”

“I admit that was one of the best things that I had done in my life so far.” She grinned. “But it is also official that I am sweaty and smelly and therefore I need to take a shower.”

She climbed the steps, me following closely behind her.

“Oh wait.”

“Owww.” We said at the same time.

“What did you turn around for Jane?” I asked rubbing my forehead.

“I was only gonna ask you something, and-”

“Why didn’t you wait until we were at the landing?”

“I was actually in the spur of the moment and I didn’t expect you to be really be behind me.” She said sheepishly. “Is your head fine by the way?”

“Yeah, it’s fine now.” I said as the throbbing quickly disappeared and I stopped rubbing my forehead. “How ‘bout yours?”

“It’s fine now.”