Chapter 13: Sleepover

Friday rolled in so quickly, I wasn’t sure if I was even on the right date.

Heck, but who am I to complain? It meant weekends and staying home lazing around.

That is if the stupid clock would just go and hurry up and go 3: 15 and finally release my from this place they call school.

---------------

Finally, time decided to be nice to us and speeded up to dismissal.

James offered me a ride home. Hence, why I am currently walking to his Camaro.

In all honesty, I would have preferred to walk today. But not meaning to be rude, I accepted his offer.

I was seriously debating whether to still wait for James, or ditch him and walk home.

I looked around, noticing only eight cars left in the parking lot. A big difference to the fifty-nine, or so cars, usually parked here. I have been here for the last twenty minutes. Not willing to wait anymore, I pulled out my phone, sending a message to James, saying that I was already walking home, as well as looking cautiously at the time. Me and Jane didn’t actually set a time for the sleepover, making me clueless to when she’ll come to or house, does she even know where my house is?

No, she didn’t know where our house is located.

On the bright side I have her phone number, which I can use to lead her to our house, that’s good right? I think it is.....

It only took me about ten to fifteen minutes to walk to our house.

I suddenly remembered Abby, I quickly messaged her about the sleepover, that she can come if she wanted to.

And also messaged Jane about the way to our house.

Which took a lot of energy in my typing skills, seriously, I think sometimes that my fingers are too fat to press the letters correctly. I always end up pressing the letter beside the letter I want to press and it just makes me go mad, like an old person.

In the midst of my mental rant my phone beeped. The first message was from Abby, saying she can’t come because her grandma wanted her to teach her how to use the internet, poor Abby. Believe me when I say poor Abby, I have volunteered multiple times for the home for the aged and her grandma was harder to teach than all the old people there combined, I once tried to teach her how to type and it took me three freaking hours to explain to her why she can’t just press the letters at the same time. And she came back at me, saying that she can do whatever she wanted to do. Finally, she listened to me that she can’t type the keys at the same time, instead she should type the keys separately. When I finally let her agree to that and practice her typing the letters one by one, she finally got it. It was like a miracle sent from God to her. Then I asked her to type, for her final test, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” And guess what she came up with, honestly I won’t even let you guess it. It will probably take ages to guess. She typed this......

dje hhebx idnncu ebn yebdy udbe tdb hdne heb.

On the good side, the words of what she wrote up there have the same number of letters as the original one. On the bad side, I was pretty sure what she typed was nowhere near real English words, I’d even take the chance of saying, no civilization have this kind of language. So yeah, we started again from the top. Once she finally got that right, I was ready to go and lock myself up in my room and let me mind hibernate for the next decade or so, and all that time Abby was having her cheerleading practice. Yeah, so now she had to be the one to suffer that kind of torture.