prologue !

PROLOGUE: GOLDEN ENERGY

     In the beginning...

...Before the six singularities and the dawn of creation, came the CELESTIALS. Arishem, the Prime Celestial, created the first sun and brought light into the universe. Life began, and thrived. All was in balance.

Until an unnatural species is predator emerged from deep space to feed on intelligent life—they were known as DEVIANTS. The universe was plunged into chaos.

To restore the natural order, Arishem sent ETERNALS—immortal heroes from the planet Olympia—to eliminate the Deviants.

Eternals had unyielding faith in Arishem until one mission, led by the Prime Eternal, Ajak, changed everything...

— NOVA.

     Nova sucked in a deep breath, the cold air hitting her lungs as the wind blew strong that day. Her hair was flying around, lightly tapping her face causing her to shiver at the uncomfortable feeling.

     She sighed softly in annoyance, her eyes closed as she attempted to peacefully enjoy her time outside, on the small balcony. She grumbled when a leaf blew in the wind, hitting her cheek softly.

     Her eyes suddenly opened wide, a slight gold colour began to glow in them. The wind slowly stopped, and the annoyance left her system as she sucked in another breath, this time around, it wasn't nearly as cold and she couldn't feel the sting as she did so.

     Nova looked around at the street that was below her, some leaves were frozen mid-air, surrounded by golden energy. Others laid flat on the ground, no longer blowing in the wind. She stopped it.

     And she was thankful that she had the power to do so, because it was really getting on her nerves.

She closed her eyes once more, her hands glowing rather than her eyes. The golden colour was prominent and she could hear the the energy swirling around her fingers, like soft whispers in the wind.

The golden energy practically dripped from Nova's fingers, keeping the wind at bay as she relaxed. With her eyes closed, she had no idea what was happening around her. The silence caused her ears to ring slightly, the only sound was her golden hands.

But little did she know... that that was the last moment of peace that she would be getting in a long time.

—————
lizzie speaks...

IMPORTANT!!! i'll be waiting to post chapters until eternals is on streaming platforms sorry... :(

update: nvm i'm impatient, and it's rly late and my tired brain says 'yes, let's post!' how fun