chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: THE FINAL FIGHT

Thena and Nova leaned against a wall as Ikaris burst through the roof of the Domo, landing on his feet. Then, his eyes found them. "Where's Druig?" He asked, his eyes narrowed in anger.

Thena pushed herself off of the wall while Nova stayed behind, "he's busy." She answered nonchalantly, a golden weapon made from cosmic energy was held loosely in her hand.

Ikaris took note of the weapon in an instant, tilting his head with a sigh. "Thena, play nice." But Thena didn't listen as she spun around, aiming the sword towards Ikaris' neck. He caught it in his hand with ease, glaring at the woman. "You've never had to fight me."

Thena smirked, "but I've always wanted to." The sword turned into a longer staff, and Ikaris gasped as he pulled his hand away.

Thena threw many attacks Ikaris' way, and he dodged all of them. Suddenly, she kneed him in the chest and sent him flying back, but he just floated above her. He sent boiling beams of light her way, and she blocked them easily with two weapons that she conjured.

Nova took that as her time to join the fight. While Ikaris was distracted with Thena, she let her golden energy surround his body. It began to melt around his body like a liquid, and his screams echoed across the Domo.

Nova felt her rage return in an instant.

The energy had formed tightly across his body so that he was in a starfish position, floating high above Thena and Nova. Nova's eyes glowed gold, while his did the same.

Ikaris was attempting to break out, the beams he sent barely scratched her energy field around him. "Nova, let me out! Now." He roared.

Nova could sense the bracelet around her wrist moving as the energy below the Domo grew. I just need to hold him off a little longer, she thought.

Then, Nova faltered. Her brows furrowed as Ikaris sent her a wicked grin. His eyes glowed brighter than she'd ever seen them before, and suddenly beams shot out of the barrier that she had created, and it began to crack with his power.

Ikaris landed on the ground with a thud and charged for Thena and Nova. His eyes glowed bright again, but Thena jumped in front of Nova and conjured a shield, blocking them both from the blast.

She spun around and attempted to swipe a sword his way, but he dodged once more. Ikaris sent multiple heavy blows to Thena's shield, tiring her out. He gripped her wrists tightly and pushed her against a wall.

Thena only smirked, which confused Ikaris entirely. Ikaris watched as golden energy began to trace itself around the two women. His eyes widened as they continued to float, the golden energy pushing itself out of the Domo to connect with the rest of the Eternals. The Unimind.

Ikaris sucked in a heavy breath in frustration as he left the Domo to follow the trail of energy, leaving Thena and Nova inside.

Only a few moments later, Nova felt the energy all rushing back to her. Thena and Nova looked to each other with confused expressions on their faces as the golden energy traced back to them.

Suddenly Nova lost her balance as the Domo began to crash. Thena was quick to catch Nova before she could fall. She looked over to the other side of the room where Phastos had walked in, and Nova caught him as she surrounded him with golden energy to keep him safe.

Nova nearly lost balance once more as the Domo hit the earth with incredible force. Luckily, the three of them were okay, as Nova couldn't see any visible wounds.