chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE: FANCY ROBOTS

The rest of the Eternals and Nova sat in silence after Sersi explained what they really were. Nova felt her brows stay pinched together as to how she didn't know it before. Of course I didn't. Arishem took my memories.

Kingo frowned, "so, you're saying we're basically fancy robots? And our past memories are stored somewhere... in space?"

Sersi nodded, "and Arishem made the Deviants."

Gilgamesh sighed softly, "I'm sorry, Thena. You tried to warn us." Nova glanced over at her, frowning at the blank look on her face. Thena wouldn't meet anyone's eyes.

"The last time Arishem reset your memories," Sprite interupted. "Something must've gone wrong."

Kingo raised a brow at the girl, "what do you mean?"

"Well," she shrugged. "That's what Mahd Wy'ry is, isn't it?" Nova frown at Sprite. "All this time, Thena was remembering all the other planets we were sent to, and everyone dying during the emergence."

Nova's eyes widened a fraction. It made perfect sense, and she couldn't believe that she didn't realize it before.

"I thought we were heroes." Gilgamesh frowned. "Turns out we were the bad guys."

"We're not the bad guys, okay?" Kingo dismissed it with the wave of his hand, a frantic look in his eyes. "We've helped the Celestials expand life across the universe. That's not what bad guys do. That's what good guys do."

"Every time innocent lives have been sacrificed for the greater good it turns out to be a mistake." Sersi reasoned. "We have to stop the emergence."

"Sersi." Kingo sighed, "we have no right to stop the birth of a Celestial."

"There has to be a way Tiamut can emerge without destroying the earth." Sersi reasoned. "We just have to... delay it, until we can figure out how."

"Could Druig control its mind?" Gil pondered aloud. "Maybe... put it to sleep?"

"Put it to sleep?" Sprite repeated, "are you serious?"

"Gilgamesh asked Druig to put me to sleep once." Thena spoke up. Nova turned and met her eyes.

Gilgamesh giggled softly, "so I could take a vacation to Fiji, you know?" Nova rolled her eyes in amusement.

"We're talking about a Celestial!" Kingo interrupted. "Okay?"

"We have to try! Come on we're-we're not gonna let everyone on earth die, right?" Sersi looked around hopefully, and Nova nodded in her direction as she turned to her.

"Right!" Karun nodded with a wide smile. They all turned to face him. "I'm human. I'm a little biased."

"It's the end of the world." Kingo spoke in another language to Karun. "Go home."

Karun's eyes widened, "and do what? Watch TV? When I could be with the worlds original superheroes as they try to save the world?" Nova smiled softly at him. She liked Karun so far.

"Fine." Kingo shrugged with a sigh, "if you want to," he brought his drink to his lips. "Stay."

"Thank you, very much." Karun smiled, while Kingo spat his drink back into the cup.

Kingo's face held a look of disgust. "Gilgamesh, could you please get rid of the saliva beer?"

"Why don't you like it, man?" Gil frowned.

Nova sighed softly, "because it's gross, I'm sorry." Gilgamesh looked at her while shrugging, muttering a small, 'suit yourself'.

"We need to go." Ikaris interrupted them. "Now. Find the others. Once we're all together, we'll decide what to do about the emergence." He nodded to Sersi, who nodded back at him.

-----
lizzie speaks...

this chapter is so short i am so sorry