chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE AFTERMATH

- 2 WEEKS LATER, SOUTH DAKOTA

Phastos, Makkari and Druig sat on the couch, while Ben sat in a chair. Nova decided to stand as they all watched the news explain the new 'stone figure' that was frozen in the middle of the ocean.

Nova glanced at Ben who had his mouth wide open in disbelief as she took a bite of her pizza. He turned around, glancing at each of the Eternals. "You guys did that?"

Phastos pursed his lips, "I love you so much." He grumbled, his mouth full of pizza. He was about to speak again, but his eyes suddenly widened as he looked off into the kitchen where Thena and Jack were. "Um, can you just-" he dropped his plate in Makkari's lap, "one- one second!"

Nova looked over to Thena to see her holding out a conjured weapon with an orange at the end of it. Jack slowly took the orange as he stared at the golden spear in awe.

"Okay, all right." Phastos laughed nervously as he walked into the room. Nova giggled softly as she listened to him panicking about his son's safety.

She looked over to Makkari and Druig, taking their empty plates as they finished their pizza. Makkari smiled at her gratefully while Druig muttered a soft 'thank you'.

Nova listened back in on what Phastos was saying when she entered the kitchen to put the dishes away. "Your dad... spoke calmly and firmly to the bad guy and he had no choice but to listen to me." Phastos rapidly nodded his head to Jack as Nova washed the dishes. She rolled her eyes in amusement.

Nova turned to face Makkari, who had walked into the room with a smile, "the kid is ten... not stupid."

Phastos sighed softly, "no violence." He whispered to Jack, looking back up to Makkari with annoyance. "When are you guys leaving?" He signed. "When is that happening. That's happening soon, right?"

Druig walked into the room and faked throwing something at Phastos just to make him jump, laughing softly as he succeeded. "Ah, heh, there's-" he laughed sarcastically at Druig, turning to Jack quickly. "Don't go anywhere near him."

Thena and Nova walked further ahead than the others, and the latter glanced back to see Jack smiling brightly at the sight of the Domo.

"Nova." Thena got her attention, and she turned to her as she hummed softly. The blonde sighed softly, "I missed you."

It took Nova a moment to realize that that was the only time alone they've gotten since they met up again. The last time they were together alone was when they were dating, hundreds of years ago. "I missed you more."

"I'm sorry for how things ended." She admitted as the Domo got closer, "I was just so scared that I would hurt you."

"I understand." Nova smiling softly at her, "it's okay, Thena. You don't have to apologize."

Thena paused, stopping in the middle of the field, causing Nova to do the same. "I don't regret our time together. Those were some of the best years of my life." She pursed her lips, she always hated opening up. "And maybe if I'm ever ready, I would like to try again."

Nova smiled once more, "I can wait."

-----
lizzie speaks...

i figured i would acknowledge thena and nova's past relationship one more time since i barely did throughout any of the fic, and if i make a second fic when there's more eternals content maybe they'll get back together...??? if anyone is open to that idea lmk