chapter six

CHAPTER SIX: YOU ARE NOT A GOD

- AMAZON

Nova walked around mindlessly, admiring the small area surrounded by trees. "Hello. We are looking for Druig." Sprite then spoke to someone in another language, they turned to face her before turning back to their work. "Is he here?"

"Yes." The person responded, "how do you know Druig?"

Sprite stammered, making up a story. "He's a friend... from university."

The person paused from the work that they were doing, slowly turning around, this time with glowing eyes. "Hello, Sprite." They spoke, their voice sounding exactly like Druig's.

Nova turned her head to the sound of creaking, a small smile appearing on her face as Druig slowly walked out of a building. The Eternals slowly walked towards him while he held a sly smile on his face. "I've missed all of you." He announced, holding his hands behind his back. "Please... make yourselves at home."

They sat in a small building that was filled with rows of benches. Druig sat ahead of them, a look of confusion on his face as the news of what they really were sunk in. "You've given me a lot of bad news in one go, m'lady." Druig turned to Sersi.

She looked up hopefully, "will you help us?"

Druig sighed, "I am glad-" he was interupted by Sersi's phone ringing, and she rushed to take it out of her pocket. She took a second to see who was calling, before turning her phone on silent.

"Wait," Kingo leaned over to whisper, "what's your service? I'm not getting any bars."

"Oh, my goodness." I groaned in annoyance, "let's get back on track, yeah?"

"Do you all remember this forest?" Druig began to walk around, "beautiful. It's the last place we all lived together." He stopped in front of Thena and Gilgamesh. "I've protected these people for 20 generations now, from the outside world and from themselves."

He walked over to Karun, stopping in front of the man who gripped his large camera a little tighter. "Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day. Don't you think?"

"I think we must learn from our mistakes and do better, sir." Karun responded. "You must not give up hope." Druig sighed, his eyes beginning to glow. Karun's eyes glowed equally as bright as he threw the camera at the wall behind him in a flash.

Nova stifled a laugh at the scene, while Kingo sighed and slowly got out of his seat. "Oh, no you didn't." He turned to face Druig. "Okay, new rule, no more possessing peoples valets."

"Oh, where is your sense of humour, Kingo?" Druig taunted with a smirk.

"I'm sorry, sir." Karun apologized, glancing at the broken camera in a frown.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." Kingo dismissed, merely glancing at the man. He turned back to Druig, "you are not a god. You know that, right?"

"How ironic." Druig practically laughed in his face. "Kingo, the movie star."

"I've directed some things too." Kingo's eyes squinted at the Eternal.

"Oh, yeah?" Druig raised a brow. "Like what?"

"Some internet content."

"How many views."

"I don't do it for the views."

Ikaris sighed, making his way towards the door. "Let's go, he's wasting our time."

"We need him." Sersi reasoned as she glanced over at him.

"Ikaris." Druig called out, and Ikaris stopped in his tracks. "I missed you." He walked over to him. "Are you gonna charm me, or threaten me?"

Ikaris turned to face him, "I mean, there's a third option, if you'd prefer that."

"Must be heartbreaking to find out that you're not mother's favourite." Druig tilted his head up with a sly smile.

"And I'm sure she'd be real proud of what you've done-"

Sersi cut Ikaris off, standing up to walk closer to the two men. "Druig, this is serious."

"I'll tell you what's serious." Druig turned away from Ikaris. "I've just been told I've been sent on a suicide mission for the past 7000 years, and that my entire existence is a lie." The room went silent. "So, excuse me for not giving a shit about your plan, right now."

He turned around, walking out of the room as they all stayed put. Kingo sighed softly, "Druig sucks."

Karun nodded slowly, "he does, sir."

-----
lizzie speaks...

i love druig so so much, i can't wait for makkari (my two favs after sersi)