CHAPTER 1

WE ARE BACK!
             Welcome back to Purebloods everyone! I hope you enjoy this books just as much as I enjoyed creating and writing it! I've been listening and no worries, smut will be presented. LAUGHS. Enjoy your reading guys! Don't forget to Vote, comment positively and share to your family and friends!

Have fun!

                They were sure that the north was planning an attack soon and the East kingdom knew that it could not stand up to the North Kingdom on their own. The South was approaching by sea but not as friendly as you would assume. They were not allies of the East Kingdom anymore. Everyone was afraid, completely scared for their lives, for if the kingdom was not completely destroyed by the South then for sure the North Kingdom would finished the job. They were all in a mass of panic throughout the Kingdom, people even started to pack up and leave for the safety of themselves and their families.

The King, John, was dead. There was no one to protect the Kingdom except the commander, the new strong and improved commander, Elijah. He was a wreck. His King was dead and the kingdom was amidst a mass of confusion and soon, destruction. He had no idea what the next move and how to even formulate a plan in order to save the Kingdom.

The North wanted to takeover the East, The South despised and wanted to destroy the East Kingdom and there was no other kingdom that wanted to help. Even if they wanted to, it would not make much of a difference since only small kingdoms give assistance and we would be selfish to let them join an already losing battle. He sat in the Council's Courtroom with the King's crown in his hands, his eyes stared at it blankly as his heart sore painfully. About half of the council members had already left, uncaring of the abandonment to the East Kingdom.

'What am I to do, now?' He thoughtfully asked himself. The few council members that were still present, entered the room and sat near Elijah.

As if they read his thoughts one of them broke the silence to ask, "What do you intend on doing now, Elijah?"

"After all, you are the King's right hand," said another.

"And since he has no heir to his thrown, you are the only one we can count on since you're the closest thing this kingdom has as a leader. You control the army, Elijah. Surely you'll have some form of plan to save this kingdom." They continued. Elijah's frustration grew so much that a vein was pulsating in his forehead and neck and his grip on the crown tighten.

"Do you not think I am aware?!" He snarled in frustration. Elijah's  orders on the East army was the only protection they'd have against the horrific war that the North and South kingdom will soon bring unto them but even if...

"I say we run! Why must we risk our lives for those peasants?!" Said one of th pot bellied Council. His skin was so sagged that it shook sideways when he'd talk. As the words flew from his mouth, so did saliva. Elijah grimaced at both the mans words and his saliva sprewing from his mouth and onto the table.

"Yes, he's absolutely right! Elijah think about it, we can take all of the gold and silver, split it and run away from this madness. We've done enough for these peasants, we do not owe them our liv--"

"Do you hear yourselves?!" Elijah was furious and had now lost all of his respect for them. They flinched back in shock, usually this is something Harold would have agreed too, but Elijah wasn't a coward. "You are cowards! Never, ever!" --Elijah moved his face closer to the council members who was saying the harsh things about the kingdom and its people, ignoring their fowl breathe-- "call them peasants again!" He growled. "You are the peasants! The cowards!" You knew your role the moment you willing accepted them.

What do you think? You only got them for status? For the power? The money!? Why won't you fight for your kingdom? Fight for your king? Weren't we all born here? This is as much of your kingdom as it is mine but yet all you stand here and worry about riches and gold and how much you can carry?!" Elijah scoffed in disgust. "That's fucking pathetic." He said coldly.

Elijah rested back against the chair and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, tired. "Listen, I understand that we are all scared but running away? That is so low... We must stay and protect. Be positive, your negativity is weighing me down, weighing this kingdom down." He spoke much more politely as he was slowly becoming his normal self, again.

"I say unto you, on this very day that this kingdom will stand and will not fall into and by the hands of the North and South Kingdoms for we are warriors in this war! Not cowards. If anyone of you leave here the soldiers will be ordered to kill you on site!" Elijah turned away from them resting his right hand on his chin and hummed.

It was silent until a councillor hesitantly spoke up, "W-" he cleared his throat, "We are not fighters, Commander. What would it profit anyone if we all stayed here and died... With you?"

Elijah swivel around to look at the man, grabbed him by his collar and pulled him to his face. His sword was out and was against the councillors face, "Leave..." He snarled. "I'll kill you myself!" He yelled into the mans face before throwing him back into his chair.

They all scattered out the room in fear but Elijah was too wary to try anything else. He was angry at their selfishness. They were only concerned about themselves and the money and not anyone in the kingdom.

With his head in his hands that were propped up unto the table he sighed.

'What am I to do....?" He thought, and then he remembered something. His head shot up from his hands and his face lit up.

"The witch in the bottle!"

×××××××××××××××××××

WORD COUNT: 1042