Target 21: Valentine's Day

"Do you like Gokudera-san?"

Mitsuki walked home while her mind still lingers on Haru's question earlier. She stopped in her tracks as she looked up at the clear blue sky.

"There's no way I like him! But... what if I do?" she asked herself. She suddenly yelled and ruffled her hair out of frustration.

She does not know these strange feelings, it was unsettling. She never had a crush on someone she liked before. The only thing that she got a crush on are book characters that do not even exist. Now that she might like someone other than 2D characters, she does not know what to do with it.

"Why am I so worried about this? I'm too young to stress over this matter," she sighed.

That is indeed true, why is she even bothered by it? It's not like her. She can set aside this feeling and focus on a much larger issue. She can do that, right?

"What are you doing in the middle of the street, woman?" she shrieked as she suddenly heard the familiar voice behind her. She turned around and saw the gray-haired teen that's been bothering her thoughts lately.

"Damn, you scared me," she said and held a hand on her chest. She sighed and continued to walk, Hayato following her behind as he put out his cigarette.

"Why are you following me?" Mitsuki asked and squinted her eyes as she looked at him.

"I'm not following you, I am coming over to your house."

"Why?"

"I'm going to meet Juudaime, of course!" he said and grinned.

'Of course, you do,' Mitsuki thought as she is not surprised anymore about it.

"Then stop walking behind me, you look like my stalker," she told him.

"You wish I was your stalker," Hayato scoffed. Mitsuki glared at him who is now walking beside her.

"Idiot," she mumbled.

"I heard that!"

"I let you hear it, Bakadera!" she retorted. Hayato glared at her and gritted his teeth.

All of a sudden, he placed his hand on the top of her head. Mitsuki looked at him weirdly.

"What are you doing?" Mitsuki asked as she felt nervous with the sudden contact.

"I was wondering if you have a brain in that head of yours," he simply said. Mitsuki gritted her teeth and stomped on his foot.

"Ow! W-Why did you do that, stupid woman?!" he exclaimed as he held his one foot in pain. Mitsuki ignored him and left him behind while blushing madly at both irritation and embarrassment.

'There is no way I will like that idiot!' she thought.

---

Mitsuki remembered that tomorrow will be Valentine's Day. Not that she was worried as she does not have anyone to give chocolates to. But she wants to make chocolates for her family and friends. It's not like Valentine is all about someone you like romantically, it can be for platonic love, too.

However, someone came up on her mind other than her family and friends.

Mitsuki immediately blushed at the thought of him.