02 | Jinsoul

I finished reading the last page of my book when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I jumped abit because of the shock and turned around to see a dark blue haired girl around my age smiling at me.
"H-hey...you like horror books? Because I do too!" She said awkwardly at first but turned into a pretty normal sentence at the end.
"Umm...yeh I love them, they're literally the only books I read" I said pretty confidently.
"Oh great! My name's Jinsoul, I'm 24"
"Oh hey! I'm Kim Lip but you can call me Lippie"
"Oh cool! Do you wanna be friends? I haven't really got many and I saw you reading that book and I thought you looked cool." She seemed friendly and pretty quirky as I like to call people.
"That would be cool...I mean I haven't really got any friends so you would be my first college friend."
"Great!" She said with a big grin on her face.
She sat down next to me and we talked about the book for half an hour, but something seemed weird about her, as if I already knew her and she was familiar...

It was time to go back to my house and I found myself having an actual good first day since I had Jinsoul. We exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes. I was walking home and it was already dark so I tried to rush as fast as I could. I saw my brother's car in the drive way and rolled my eyes knowing that he won't be at his friend's house for the night like usual. I unlocked the door and went inside seeing my brother sat in the kitchen.
"Hi...you ok?" He asked bluntly not really paying attention to me.
"Yeh I guess, it wasn't bad for a first day of my new year and I actually got a friend, she's your age aswell." I said putting my bag on the hallway floor.
"Wow that's cool, I was at Hyeongjun's house for most of the day after working and we were just doing boy stuff, you know?" He looked at me as if he was expecting an answer.
"Yeh yeh I know, you and your boy stuff" I sighed and rolled my eyes whilst walking up the stairs.
I got into my pyjamas and fell on my bed. I set my alarm again on my phone and went downstairs to watch some TV with some rice and kimchi I re-heated from yesterday. I flicked through the channels until I saw one that looked like the news. On the TV was a girl that looked familiar in a way but I didn't pay attention to it really. She had brown hair and looked like a model. She was stood with her dad telling everyone about her dad's company and how the business is going to be handed down to her soon. As I was about to flip the channel, I scanned the bottom of the screen which to my eyes read:
"𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛 𝐻𝑒𝑒𝑗𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝐶𝐸𝑂 𝑜𝑓 𝐽𝐸𝑂𝑁 𝑇𝐸𝐶𝐻"
I felt myself freeze but I don't know why. It felt familiar, even though I knew that name was in the book I was reading, it felt familiar in another way as if I knew her personally. My brother walked in snapping his fingers in my face since I spaced out.
"You good Lippie?" He half laughed and was half concerned
"Yeh yeh just spaced out I guess." I reassured him.
I flicked through again until I found myself yawning. I said a quick good night to my brother and walked up stairs. I quickly turned off the lights and got under the covers waiting for myself to drift off to sleep. 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛 I thought to myself before falling into a deep sleep.