Chapter 5: Missing Spot

(Your POV)
All of us arrived home around dawn, and I collapsed onto the couch, pretty dang tired mind you. I took off my mask and laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling as everyone else entered the room. I laid my guns on the coffee table while letting out a tired breath. I was incredibly grateful that we managed to rescue Gasper, Koneko, and Ravel. Asia was currently healing Gasper, Ravel was in the kitchen for some reason, Koneko was resting on the couch, Issei was in his room, Xenovia was resting with Irina, and Akeno was lying on top of me for some reason. I don't understand why she thought that was the best spot to relax, but I was too tired to really tell her off.

"Akeno, why are you lying on top of me?" I asked the raven haired girl, who rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"Well while I do want you, I figured you'd want someone to cuddle since Rias is away right now." Akeno buried her head into my chest. "Besides, I think I deserve a reward too~"

"I wonder if Rias is okay, I hope she hasn't run into any trouble." I hoped that Rias and Kiba were both alright in Romania, and my worrying was cut short by Ravel placing a tea tray on the table in front of Akeno and I.

"(Y/N), Akeno... I brought you guys some tea." Ravel poured some tea for both of us, allowing us to sit straight. "I just wanted to say thank you for rescuing me from those people."

"No need to thank us, we would have rescued you and the others regardless of if we had any back up." I was honestly 100% ready to destroy any building or any one who stands in my way. Unless they were my friend, in which case I'd walk around them.

"...I won't forgive them for what they did to Gasper." Ravel gripped her sleeves, she must still be scared of those people. "(Y/N), can I talk to you in private?"

"Of course." I picked up my cup of tea and followed Ravel.

The place she chose for our conversation was the backyard porch, which was a grassy patch surrounded by tall grass and rocks. There was a path made of old, dried up wood in the tall grass that led to the beach down the hill. On our porch there were a set of chairs, and the two of us sat in those chairs that faced the backyard, which overlooked the ocean and the beach.

"(Y/N), can I talk a bit about something that happened a long time ago?" Ravel asked me, and I nodded to confirm that it was alright.

"Go ahead."

"Back when I was a young girl, my heart was always full of excitement and wonder because my butler told me a story about great heroes from the past." Ravel continued with her story. "When I was a child, I wanted to become a hero just like them, or at least someone who can support them. As I got older, I honestly forgot about that dream."

"I don't understand why you would forget it, it is a good dream." I supported my manager's dream.

"I forgot about it because the underworld is no place for dreams." Ravel looked at the morning sun. "However, it all came back to me when I first saw you. You were absolutely insane, but there was always a protective side to you. You fought Riser for the sake of the woman you like, and when I saw that, the dream I had back when I was younger came back to me. You were honestly the first hero I have ever seen, or at least the first person that's worthy of the title of Hero."

"Thank you."

"I was curious about you, so I began researching you." Ravel rubbed the back of her neck in an embarrassed manner. "I learned that you are very blunt, honest, kind, quiet, and surprisingly supportive of the goals of others. I was amazed someone like you could exist, because the underworld doesn't exactly have good people in the upper parts of society. So I've decided to stand by your side no matter what."