Chapter 17: Can We Not Be Attacked FOR FIVE MINUTES

(Your POV)
It was towards the end of the day, and I had just finished teaching my class about firearms. Auros Academy was one of those schools that had an optional dorm system, so most of the students were picking out dorms with their friends, kind of acting as though this was one big sleepover. Rias and I were sharing a room and getting ready for bed. I still liked sleeping with clothes on, so I wore a set of anchor pajama pants with a white t-shirt. Meanwhile, Rias was taking off her black underwear. It's not that hot in the underworld, so how did she develop this habit? I'll have to ask her about it at some point. 

"I always knew you were good with kids, you handled that class like an actual teacher." Rias informed me, and I was grateful for the compliment.

"Thank you, but I'm sure you could have taught them way better than I have." I explained whilst brushing my teeth in the bathroom mirror.

"Well I can't exactly teach something I know nothing about, now can I?" Rias questioned, and she did have a point. "Maybe I'll go with Sona's idea and open a school, and you'll be a part of the faculty."

"I don't need anymore work." I replied shortly, and Rias let out a light giggle. "Say, it feels way to serene here."

"Please don't jinx it, I don't know why, but somehow everywhere we go ends up being attacked by Qlippoth or whoever's the villain at the time." Rias sighed, and instantly, things started getting weird.

"Looks like I jinxed it."

Right away, the usual purple sky that made the underworld iconic changed colors from purple to pure white. Rias and I instantly knew this meant trouble, because what else would it mean? Before Rias ran out, I reminded her that she was naked and had her put on a t-shirt, jeans, and some sandals. I summoned an M249 and exited the door. Rias and I began banging on the doors of the kids and their parents, telling them to go to one of the safe rooms. I knocked on Issei's door, and a disgruntled Issei stepped out.

"Dude, the sky just turned white, maybe it's a performance or something?" Issei suggested before yawning. "Like come on, what are the odds that this is something to be concerned about?"

"Since when is a red flag NOT a sign that stuff's about to go down with us?" I asked, and as far as I knew, something always happened here. "Plus, there's a gathering of magicians going on nearby, so be sure to include that in your estimation."

"Would all parents and students please report to the basement's safe room." Sona's voice could be heard from the speakers, and I pointed at the speakers while glaring at Issei.

"Okay fine you were right." Issei sighed in annoyance before exiting his room. "Well, let's go meet up with Sona and go check out the situation."

"Okay, let me make sure the students and their families reach the safe room first then I'll join up with the rest of the group." My top priority at the moment is getting the families to safety, mainly because I'm unsure of their ability to defend themselves. "You go on ahead, the Red Dragon Emperor is most likely an important piece to this puzzle."

"Alright, I'll see you later dude." Issei then ran towards the faculty room, the room where Sona was most likely waiting for us.

I guided the families down towards a large staircase, and I slammed my palm on the wall to use my Earth Sense on the entire building as the families went down the stairs. Through my Earth Sense, I could tell that there weren't many combatants, only four or five. I couldn't scale their power levels or any other details, just that they were in the general area.

"Excuse me, Mr.(Y/N)..." One of the students pulled at my shirt, nervously and he looked incredibly scared. "What's going on?"

"Don't worry young one, everything will be okay." I rubbed the small child's head using my unarmed hand. "It's just some bad guys being, well, bad guys. Don't worry though, I'll protect everyone here no matter what."