Chapter 21: Return of Nahele

(Your POV)
After the events at Auros Academy, we all went home. Euclid was captured and put in the most secure prison in the supernatural world. Looking away from the supernatural world for a bit, the second semester of Kuoh Academy ended, meaning that Rias would have to choose the new president of ORC, same with Akeno having to get a new Vice President to take her place. As for you, you were outside on the beach, training for no apparent reason. It was December now, so it was snowing at the beach you lived on, and the entire coast was frozen over, covered in a thin layer of ice. On the beach, you were standing over a pile of flaming brimstone that was two meters in the air. On your back were six California redwood tree logs that stretched 10 meters across, with multiple ropes holding them together. Attached to these thick ropes, boulders hung from the trees. There were ten boulders on each side of you being held by the logs. To ensure they didn't break, steel beams reinforced the wood.

"Jesus kid, you're making me look bad." Zenorse was watching you while he held some kind of lantern with a purple flame inside it, this flame with Incinerate Anthem, whom we all agreed should find a new user. "So who should we give Incinerate Anthem to? I've got my own candidate, but I want to know your feedback first."

"Maybe Irina?" You suggested Irina because she was an angel, and Incinerate Anthem wouldn't exactly work with a devil.

"I was gonna suggest giving Incinerate Anthem to Sarah, you know, min/max her Fire skills a bit." Zenorse suggested, and instantly the idea of Sarah of all people having longinus scared you.

"So with this, we have all 13 Longinus in DxD don't we?" You changed the subject to confirm. "Issei has the Boosted Gear, Vali has Divine Dividing, Sairaorg has Regulus Nemea, Cao Cao has the True Longinus, Dulio has Zenith Tempest, Valerie has the Sephiroth Grail, Georg has Dimension Lost, Leo has Annihilation Maker, Tobio has Canis Lykaon, Lavinia has Absolute Demise, Mitsuya has both Innovate Clear and Telos Karma, and we have Incinerate Anthem."

"Yeah...but here's the thing...now New Longinus are popping up, like with Gasper." Zenorse reminded you, and you recalled that Gasper's Forbidden Balor View was now classified as a Longinus. "My guess is that they'll start becoming more and more numerous."

"Why do you think that?" You asked, unwavering despite all the weight on top of you.

"As you recall, you, me, and Vagus are all reincarnations of the creator of the Longinus, Steve as you call him." Zenorse rubbed the back of his neck. "Sacred gears that can become Longinus need time, kind of like plants. Our very existence in their universe acts like fertilizer for those plants. The more of us there are, the more potent the fertilizer."

"Hey, I know this is random, but what's with all the bandages?" You pointed at Zenorse's body, which was covered in bandages like a mummy. "Did you get in a fight?"

"Don't worry about it, you won't have to fight the guy yet." Zenorse then changed the subject. "Hey, you should probably head inside, you've been doing this since 8 in the morning, and now it's 8 in the evening."

"I need to train myself so I can use the fourth form of Genbu for longer periods of time." You watched as Zenorse rolled his eyes.

"My guy, even achieving that form is a massive step in the right direction, you're one of the only people who can use the fourth form of their relic." Zenorse informed you. "I haven't even unlocked it, and the only other people are Vagus and some painter guy. So come on, let's head back inside."

Before you could protest, you noticed that some kind of invisible force was moving the logs off of you, and Zenorse was looking perfectly still, so you assumed it was some degree of telekinesis. You jumped off the pile of brimstone and followed Zenorse back towards the house. You were shirtless, wearing only a pair of sweats, due to the heat from the flames warming you during your training session, you didn't need extra clothes. You and Zenorse reached the backyard of your house and entered through the backdoor, seeing the chaos your living room has now become.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

"DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A MEAT MAN~?!"

"GUYS, STOP PUTTING UP HOLY STUFF, AT LEAST HALF OF US ARE ALL DEVILS!l

Unsurprisingly, Nico was going wild while setting up Christmas decorations in your living room. Kiba was slowly and beautifully decorating the Christmas tree while Nico was hovering overhead, hanging mistletoe and fake snowflakes from the ceiling. Nahele, Yozakura, Sarah, Nemo, and the fallen angels also came back from their mission, and speaking of Nahele, he watched Frozen on the way back. Onihime was resting on the couch next to Gasper, watching Elf on the television. For some reason, Sairaorg, Seekvaira, Zephyrdor, and Sona were all here with their peerages. Issei was arguing with Irina because Irina wanted to put up a Nativity Scene, but doing so would hurt us devils. Well, not you, but you get the idea. Rias noticed you walk in, and got up from the couch while carrying a wool blanket. You saw that Rias was wearing a Christmas sweater with sweats and fuzzy socks as she walked towards you.

"Hey (Y/N), you're going to catch a cold like that." Rias took off the blanket and draped it around your shoulders, covering your cold body. "Come on, let's go cuddle on the couch and make sure no one hurts themselves."

"I'm gonna keep working on that new Longinus's materials, since my crafting skills are better than yours." Zenorse then continued walking down the stairs. "You may be the one building it, but I'm providing you with materials."

You watched as Zenorse walked down the halls, and Rias' fingers wrapped around your hand. You were pulled by Rias, your rough and large hands almost covered Rias' thin and soft fingers as you held her hand. Rias pushed you down onto the couch before sitting between your legs. The wool blanket was large enough to not only cover you, but Rias as well. Rias' back leaned up against your chest, and you wrapped your muscular arms around Rias' waist. Your chin rested atop of Rias' red hair, and you could smell Rias' shampoo. It reminded you of roses.

"This would be nice if Nahele wasn't trying to sing the most cursed version of 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman' I've ever heard." Rias watched as Nahele used a bone as a microphone, while Koneko and Bikou were trying to get him to be quiet. "So did you hear about what our next mission is?"

"Hopefully something easy going...I would like to spend the holidays with you." You groaned, recalling all the missions in the best two semesters.

"Don't worry, this one's an easy one." Rias informed you with a smile. "Our mission this time is to hand out gifts, kind of like Santa Claus."

"Speaking of old Saint Nick, is he real too or is that just wishful thinking?" Sarah asked from behind as she wore a jacket that said 'Santa's Favorite Ho'.

"Yeah he's real, just in a retirement home." Yozakura informed her while wearing an 'I'm with stupid' shirt.

"Speaking of Christmas, all of you are going to Heaven." Griselda walked into the room with a tray of cookies. You think she lives here now.

"HA! FUCK YOU MOM!" Sarah raised both her hands into the air. "I'M GOING TO HEAVEN DESPITE BEING GAY AS FUCK!"

"Sarah, language!" Irina shouted at the red haired girl while holding her hands over Asia's ears. "I don't want you corrupting Asia's innocence."

"So won't going to Heaven damage those of us who are weak to holy damage?" Seekvaira asked while Kuroka and Koneko both helped to decorate the Christmas tree.

"It's okay, we'll cast a certain spell that can nullify the holy damage from being in Heaven." Griselda informed everyone in the room. "However, you'll still be vulnerable to light weapons. Since all of you are going to meet up with Michael, we need to keep security tight."

"Alright, I guess we're all going to heaven."

And then the front door slammed open to reveal a familiar weapon master.

"TOJURO HAS RETURNED!"

(A/N: Short chapter, busy week. I still hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.