Chapter 20: Kore Ga...Requiem...Da

(Second POV, let me know if you all like this style)

In a pillar of flames, your body suddenly blew apart. Everyone was confused by what happened, including Euclid. When the flames dispersed, the only thing left was the sentry and a pile of ashes was all that remained of your body. Issei's punch was easily blocked by Euclid because the boy was too distracted by your apparent death.

"Um, does he normally do that?" Euclid asked while pointing at the pile of ashes, and everyone didn't know how to respond.

"Normally, he makes everyone else explode..." Akeno looked at the ashes, and she noticed how they appeared to be moving. "Weird, how are those ashes moving without the wind?"

"So, this is the power of requiem."

The ashes gathered around Euclid, and began forming the body of a familiar selkie, with some key differences. The most obvious difference in your body was that your body's color was a pitch black color, like the abyss in the ocean. Taoist Talisman-like tattoos covered every inch of your body, with the tattoos glowing a light blue color. Your eyes glowed the same color as the tattoos, and they appeared to have no irises. Your back's tattoo depicted a turtle shell, while the rest were just the same kind of writing you would see on talisman. Most of your clothes were destroyed, except for a convenient pair of pants you were wearing, which were now made black thanks to the flames.

"Ah, so you're going to avenge those children who died?" Euclid sounded confident as he flew away from you, still holding Rossweisse.

"I don't recall them or the magicians being dead." You stood still, and Euclid noticed that the building the children and magicians were inside of was completely unscathed. "I took the explosion in their place."

"What on Earth?" Euclid asked before dodging out of the water of Akeno's lighting bolt. "Hey, are you trying to heat my beautiful sister?!"

"That's not Grayfia, that's Rossweisse, and she is a member of Team Gremory. Akeno then smiled. "And for the record, I wasn't aiming for you in the first place. I just knew distracting you would provide enough of a chance."

Euclid was confused by this until he noticed Rossweisse was missing from his arms, Euclid turned his head behind him to see you were carrying Rossweisse before setting her down beside Asia next to your sentry. Euclid was beyond pissed and confused by this, not only did you take away Rossweisse from him, but without him knowing. Euclid summoned a silver magic circle and aimed it at Akeno, the queen piece didn't have enough time to dodge, so she created a defensive magic circle just as Euclid's magic circle launched a silver beam of magic towards her. Akeno's magic circle shattered upon impact with the beam, and the beam went straight through Akeno. Akeno felt no pain, so she looked down to see that while the beam did indeed go through her, it didn't do any damage.

"What the?!" Euclid was confused before turning towards you, only to see a massive hole in your chest where Akeno was hit with the beam. "No I see...all damage is reflected onto you, so I wonder what happens if I kill myself?!"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The hole in your chest was quickly regenerated in the blink of an eye, with tattoos never fading even once. "In this form, I am Genbu and Genbu is me. So tell me, why would a shield apply to my enemy?"

Before Euclid could figure out what you meant by that, you appeared in front of him and delivered a sucker punch to his face, managing to crack some of the Boosted Gear replica armor. Euclid was knocked out of the air and straight towards the ground, but Euclid landed on his feet. Euclid looked up at you to see you land on the ground, with black colored lightning coating both your hands. Euclid didn't know how to respond to the lightning, so he shot a beam of magic energy towards you, only for you to shoot a condensed beam of black lightning to counter the beam.