៚𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17࿐

Author's POV

The woman in the cloak slammed her fists into the table, anger boiling through her veins. "WHY DIDN'T SHE LISTEN?!" She roared across the dim-lit room. The black-haired continuously dusted her clock collection, from vintage clocks to modern clocks.

"Ask yourself that," she said in a monotone voice. They threw away the clocks that were scattered all over the table, trying to compose themselves. "Throwing a tantrum won't resolve your problems, and please, stop breaking my clocks" her voice was calm, yet it sounded pissed.

"My life's work would be in shambles if this girl doesn't work with me!" They barked, the lady with black hair peered over her shoulder "maybe it's a sign that you should put a halt to your hell of a circus objective" she suggested, turning to face the other person. "No! I'm not stopping! I won't be able to sleep! Not until I end all of them!" Their expression roared revenge.

"You've been here for the past decades... Are you not going to resolve this like a mature adult?" She chastised, sitting on her revolving chair. "No... I won't turn down until I get my goal!" They turned to their heel and left the room, leaving the black-haired female. She leaned over her table, intertwining her fingers over the table.

"Your selfishness is what brought you here... Selfishness shall be your downfall"

...

Y/n's POV
The next morning was the same, so let's skip to my morning classes. Yeah, I also started writing my diary to take notes of what had happened for the past few days. However, I was still bugged by those words written in my mirror yesterday.

What did it mean by making a mistake?

"Bestie, let's go grab some food" I got pulled by Gopal by the arm as he dragged me all over to the school cafeteria. "Get anything you want I'll pay for it" my eyes widened by his remark, are my ears deceiving me???

"Don't think it's free... You gotta do my math homework as an exchange" he laughed, of course, he wouldn't do it for free. "Nah I'm good. I'm still full" I refused, he shrugged and said "suit yourself" then went to line up.

Hmm... Maybe I should do my research on how I can return to my timeline, or how I got transported here. Yeah, I know what you're thinking "why didn't you do it on the very first day you came here?" "You should've started your research days ago"

I got too distracted and excited after all this stuff happened, and those ideas just hit me today. I grabbed my phone and looked for answers.

"Your choices are your timeline, each change or correction transports you from one world to another."

"What? I don't understand this shit" I mumbled to myself. "You're learning about time?" Ying suddenly popped out behind me, making me jump a little. "Y-ying! You startled me" she chuckled mischievously and took my phone.

"I was right, you were learning about timelines and parallel worlds" she smiled at me, wait when did I mention that I wanted to learn about parallel worlds?. "If you want to learn more about them, I can lecture you" I wanted to refuse but I was really curious about her knowledge... And besides, she's the time manipulator, she's best when it comes to this.

"Alright," she fixed her glasses and started explaining.

"As it says on your phone there are millions of worlds, timelines, and universes. They're all accurate. You see, there's a parallel world among these corners. Our original world meets when we perform the same thing our other self does in their world. There are a million copies of you and me. Whenever we make a choice, another version of us is born"