The Start

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the long wait. But here we go. I've chosen some pairings from the comments in my previous post. There are a lot of great ones but they, unfortunately, won't work for this story and would be difficult to tie together given the present day timeline. Still, thank you for the input! Who knows? Maybe one day I could write them.

For now, we'll go with this. One new pairing, one old one but with a lot of requests on them. =) Since not everyone is on Twitter, I will post a comment on each chapter where you can reply / vote on what story / plot / scenario you want the next chapter to be.

----

"Come on! Please , Please.... Pleeeeeaaassssseeeee?????"

Kang Gook turned to look at the woman hanging onto his arm, giving him a sad puppy look, hoping that he would acquiesce to her request. He rolled his eyes and collapsed onto the bench his parent's had at their small garden.

  He rolled his eyes and collapsed onto the bench his parent's had at their small garden

It was the end of a long workday. As a bodyguard, he went where his agency assigned him to. Sometimes, it was a confidential one where he had to guard a government official or foreign dignitaries. Sometimes, it was for a famous celebrity.

Today, it was the latter. The actor had a recent hit movie and there were a lot of fans at the venue he would be appearing in. Kang Gook liked these assignments because they were generally easier than when guarding a government official, however, these assignments tend to be the rowdiest. Fans pushing to get close to the star or to get their autograph.

"Hye-won-ah, you're a 23-year-old woman who is running her own business. Why do you need your old bodyguard to chaperone you on a date?!" he asked, exasperatedly.

Shim Hye-won chuckled. "Because you know Abeoji does not trust any other man. He wants to make sure I'm safe."

"I taught you self-defence," he reminded.

"Still! Come on! Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeee?"

"Yah! Gook-ah! Are you giving Shim Hye-won a difficult time?" a female voice called from inside his parent's home, where he moved back while his apartment was being fixed.

"Eomma! She's the one pestering me!" Kang Gook said in his defense.

Hye-won laughed. "Yes, Ahjumma! I'm the one bugging him. Please don't withhold his dinner or he might not say yes to my request."

"Ok. Let me know if he's being annoying so I can give him a good knock on his head," Kang Gook's mother called out.

Kang Gook narrowed his eyes at Shim Hye-won. They had been the best of friends for a number of years now after his employment with her family ended. "You're such an annoying chipmunk, you know?"

 "You're such an annoying chipmunk, you know?"