Chapter 9 - How Will I Know?

A/N: Hi everyone! I finally have time to update this and I'm terribly sorry for the delay. Also, as I was re-reading this again to get the hang of the story once more, I noted so many errors! I'm so sorry for again but thank you for the patience in reading this.

Here's the next update which is hopefully worth the wait. 

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

---

The alarm on her phone sounded

The alarm on her phone sounded. There were days when Shim Hye-won would turn off the notification, bury her head on the pillow and beg for 5 more minutes to sleep. 

Today was not one of those days. 

Shim Hye-won sat up in bed quickly, ready to welcome the day ahead, a grin already present on her face. Giddily, she skipped to her window, pushed it open and shrieked into the sky, "Good morning! Good morning everyone! I have a boyfriend who is SOOOO handsome and I love him very much!!! AND HE'S MY BEST FRIEND! Ours is the best love story on this planet!!!"

Singing one tune after another as she proceeded with her morning rituals, she chose one of her favorite dresses then headed to their dining room ready to share her happy news with her mother.

Hae-sook, her mother, giggled as she greeted her daughter. "Good morning, Hye-won-ah."

"Good morning, Eomeoni --" Hye-won's response was cut short as she saw the person who was waiting with her mother at the table. "Gookie?"

Kang Gook's eyes were twinkling and giving her a knowing smile, as he greeted her with a quiet but teasing, "Good morning, Hye-won-ah."

"You're here!" In her surprise, Hye-won stated the obvious.

"Yes, I invited him for breakfast. We were actually by the porch chatting when we heard a peculiar voice yelling to the world about her having her best friend as her boyfriend," Hae-sook shared, her eyebrows wiggling. 

Hye-won gasped. The porch was very close to her bedroom window, which meant, "You heard?" she asked Kang Gook and Hae-sook.

Kang Gook and her mother nodded and at that moment, Hye-won wanted to disappear.  "Oh gosh. It's just... I mean... oh gosh! This is embarrassing!" Fanning her cheeks and touching them, Hye-won pouted and blinked rapidly. 

Kang Gook chuckled and patted her shoulders gently. "Don't be shy. I'm very flattered. And, I'm glad that after all these years, you finally admit I AM handsome."

"