Chapter 12 - Run... away?

A/N: This chapter focuses mostly on JinJin =) This is the first update for today. Another one will be up tonight.

---

Yoon Jin Ah basically dragged Shim Hye-won out of her office and ran to the elevators, leaving a still immobile Yoo Jin Woo in her area.

"Why is this taking so long?" Jin Ah complained while continuing to abuse the call button for the lifts. Looking over her shoulder, she was glad to see Jin Woo was still stunned in her office. "Come on!"

Hye-won crossed her arms. "It's only been 2 seconds."

"Shush."

"What is going on, Jin Ah?" Hye-won asked.

Jin Ah's eyes widened when she saw Jin Woo suddenly move toward them. Thankfully, the elevator arrived so she pulled Hye-won and quickly shut the doors.

But not before a stunned Jin Woo appeared just as the silver doors closed.

Exhaling, Jin Ah almost collapsed inside the lift. Hearing a tapping sound, she opened her eyes to see Hye-won giving her a stern look as she crossed her arms before saying, "You're running away again, Jin Ah. I want to know why this time."

Jin Ah stared at her cousin. "Why do you seem to be on his side?"

Hye-won made a face. "I'm not on his side. You know that I'm on yours, always. But I was never one to tell you you're correct when you're not and you know that I'll be the first one to call out your crap. So spill."

Jin Ah didn't budge so she just narrowed her eyes at Hye-won.

"And to answer your question, yes I like Mr. Yoo. He's a kind man and genuinely interested in making friends with me, with no malice whatsoever, and he seems to appreciate your talent in work. He praises you to no end," Hye-won shared.

"You've spoken to him without me knowing?" Jin Ah accused.

"Just a few times while I was waiting for you," Hye-won said. "Those treats I give you when I visit? They're from him. I love you but not enough to buy you expensive chocolates everytime."

Jin Ah gasped. "What?!"

Hye-won grinned. "Now, care to tell me what's going on?"

Jin Ah flinched. "I will... just... let me figure it out first. Give me time, okay?" 

*

Pretty Noona was Yoon Jin Ah.

Pretty Noona WAS Yoon Jin Ah.

This was the single persistent thought in his head for the past thirty minutes since the discovery and since said woman ran out on him. "Oh, god," he thought, pulling his hair. She must have found out it was him and he was her Boss. No wonder it freaked her out. 

He was immensely interested in Pretty Noona but with her being Yoon Jin Ah... this presented complications.

"I have to make this right," he mumbled while immediately pulling up an email to his lawyers. Then, he thought, I hope she would be open to talking about things.

"Why do I care?" he asked out loud to no one. He let his past two wives just leave when they wanted. Why was he suddenly interested in finding out what this woman thought? They barely knew each other. They only interacted in the game before that one brief night at the hotel.

Except... that he knew Pretty Noona. He knew Yoon Jin Ah. Sure, there was a lot he still had to know because it was only barely a year that Jin Ah had been working for J One, and it was only in the past weeks that they had been allies in the online game.