Chapter 5 - Fresh Eyes

"We need to extend for a few more days."

Yoon Jin Ah looked at the laundry of things they still needed to accomplish for the final contract to be drafted by their Legal team. She was speaking to herself since her Boss had disappeared into his room, either testing a game or in another round of meetings, and she was left to sort out the documents that were needed as a result of their earlier conferences.

Though the short stay in Jeju has reinforced to her that her Boss had annoying traits, Jin Ah was starting to appreciate some of his traits that she didn't really know of before. Yoo Jin Woo was a workaholic, that was obvious to her even when they were back in Seoul. However, being in the same room as him during a negotiation was a revelation.

The man was brilliant.

Yoo Jin Woo could make complex calculations in his mind, read numerous books and materials that kept him abreast of the laws and innovations covering his business endeavours and also had a clear vision of wanting to make a difference in people's lives whenever he made decisions.

That last one came from her research in the disbursements of the Company as she prepared the proposal for this property. She found out that he supported charities directed at helping orphaned children and abused women and when the Company purses were tight, Jin Woo would personally shell out the cash so that the charities were able to continue operations.

The information was not public and was only provided to her because she was now his assistant for this project. "Please do not talk about it. Mr. Yoo does not like this being discussed. He's very private about his charitable endeavours," she was informed by the head of the Finance Department.

He had a good heart, she thought. If only he used an iron for his clothes, he would be perfect.

Or not. He was, after all, perpetually late and that truly irked her.

 He was, after all, perpetually late and that truly irked her

Well, it was nice to know she wasn't working for a monster.

Checking her phone, she saw that it was almost time to prepare for her drinks with Yoo Jin Woo. However, she saw a message from him that he was still in a meeting. "Would 9pm still work? If not, that's okay. Let's just reschedule for breakfast."

Breakfast.

It sounded so intimate, as if you had spent the night with someone... and definitely something she did not want to associate with her Boss. Recalling their earlier contact, with him placing his hands on her lips, her breath caught and she felt her cheeks heating up. "Oh my," she whispered. "What was that?!"

The touch was electric. It robbed her of breath. It made her eyes flutter fast. She knew what this was.

Attraction. Lust.

It was not as if this was the first time she was feeling this.

What Jin Ah was unprepared for, though, was how powerful the pull was. He was her boss and someone who got on her nerves. Talk about an inconvenient attraction!