Chapter 17 - Time Apart

"Can you please take care of yourself there?" Jin Ah asked, trying to hide the loneliness in her voice.

Yoon Jin Ah, Yoo Jin Woo, Shim Hye-won and Kang Gook all stood at the departure gates at the airport. The women preparing to bid their boyfriends a temporary goodbye.

Yoo Jin Woo was invited to a marketing event of a major financial firm based in Tokyo. These events were exclusive to only the richest in society and Jin Woo was often asked to attend these things. Seeing a good opportunity for investment and new technology for their game developments, Jin Woo decided to hire Kang Gook for the week to double as his bodyguard and student.

It was something both men looked forward to in terms of business prospects in another country. However, this meant leaving Jin Ah and Hye-won for the next 7 days.

"I promise to eat on time, sleep for 8 hours and iron my clothes," Jin Woo listed seriously. "I even had that clause in the agreement when I hired Kang Gook. He needs to report to you if he sees one wrinkle on my outfits."

"It's true, Jin Ah Noona," Kang Gook confirmed. "And don't worry, I brought a portable steamer in case the hotel forgets our request for one."

Jin Ah and Hye-won chuckled but Hye-won spoke up this time

Jin Ah and Hye-won chuckled but Hye-won spoke up this time. "Jin Woo Oppa, don't get into trouble, ok? My Gookie's bruises just healed and I don't want him hurt again."

Jin Woo rolled his eyes. "Yah, what kind of bodyguard did I hire when I have to look after HIM?"

Hye-won laughed. "Admit it. You like Gookie as much as I do. I'm worried that you two just might fall in love during this trip!"

Jin Woo pretended to think about it. "Gook-ah is cute... but I am so infatuated with this woman at work who hates me," he said, looking at Jin Ah. "Will you miss me?"

Jin Ah shook her head. "Nope. Hye-won-ah and I will party while our boyfriends are gone!"

"Hyung, maybe we shouldn't go," Kang Gook said, worriedly, making Hye-won laugh.

"You're silly! Even if Jin Ah and I party, I won't be replacing you anytime soon," Hye-won assured. "Give me another month, then maybe I can find someone else."

Jin Woo crossed his arms. "Maybe I should just cancel this trip."

Jin Ah laughed but there was a loneliness behind her eyes. "Just when I was starting to get used to sleeping beside you, now you have to jet off somewhere," she lamented. "Come home soon, okay?"

"I will. You and Hye-won enjoy house sitting my apartment while I'm gone. No other men allowed," Jin Woo reminded the women. Soon, they had to cross the gates and could no longer delay. "We have to go."

"Call us when you land," Hye-won reminded them.

Jin Ah and Hye-won lingered for as long as they can and only left when they could not see both men anymore. Jin Ah sniffled, "Look at me? A grown woman crying about being away from her boyfriend! It will just be for a week! What is wrong with me?!"