Chapter 10 - A Night of Firsts

A/N: Hi! I know the update is a little too early but I worry that I this week is another busy one and I won't be able to post again soon. So, since most of the responses lean toward 1, I'm writing that arc. Here you go! This chapter will focus on Jin Ah and Jin Woo, while the next one will be on Hye-won and Kang Gook. :)

Warning: slightly mature content.

---

Closing her laptop, Yoon Jin Ah gasped loudly as soon as she logged off from the app. "Did I really just do that?!"

Opening her device again, she logged in to confirm: She just propositioned a man for a one night stand. Not only that, wasn't it a bit insulting that she just blurted that and admitted she didn't even care to see his face?

Ugh! 

Plopping down her bed, Jin Ah groaned. Way to go, Self, she thought. She just put herself in a potentially dangerous situation. 

But, he seemed to truly be concerned about this, so maybe she got a nice guy.

Yes, a potentially nice guy she potentially just insulted.

Jin Ah groaned again. However, a part of her had to admit... part of her was thrilled.

"Is there something wrong with me? One of the reasons I broke up with Joon-hee was because I can't stand all the sneaking around and here I am," she lamented to Hye-won the day after. 

After a quiet day at work that had Yoo Jin Woo asking if she was sick because she just said "Yes" to everything he asked, Jin Ah headed to see her cousin because she needed to talk to someone. She knew that Hye-won would tease and laugh at her but was someone Jin Ah could trust with her life and would be reasonable but love her with all her heart.

"I don't know much about love and relationships," Hye-won said. "But I know you. And this time, I don't think it the thrill of the unknown that's driving this."

Jin Ah waited.

"You're running away," Hye-won continued. "But I wonder what from this time."

"This time?"

Hye-won nodded. "You always run away when you're scared." Lifting her hand, she counted on her hand the number of times she could think of, "One, you were so in love with this guy in college... the one who wanted to be a pianist? But you felt he was so perfect and you were spooked when he seemed to reciprocate your attention. So, you went into a relationship with that god-awful first boyfriend of yours who had nothing good to say about you."

Jin Ah's lips tightened but she did not dispute what Hye-won said.

"Then, Joon-hee. At first, you were so scared that Auntie was right about you and your bad relationships so you ran into Joon-hee's arms instead of facing up to your issues. Then, when things were getting serious with Joon-hee, you ran back home," Hye-won gazed at her cousin. "Am I wrong so far?"

"No," Jin Ah grudgingly admitted.

"Oh, I forgot, you resigned from your job to run away from Joon-hee, too. So now that you're in a  new workspace with absolutely no connection to your ex... who are you running away from, Jin Ah Unnie?" Hye-won asked. Leaning in close so that their noses were an inch apart, Hye-won pressed, "Could you be running away from that messy-clothed Boss of yours who is EXACTLY YOUR TYPE?"

"Shush!" Jin Ah reprimanded.

Giggling, Hye-won handed her a white rose to distract her before asking seriously, "What are you so afraid of Jin Ah?"

Sitting back on the guest chair of Hye-won's flower shop, Jin Ah sighed. "I'm terrified I'd fail and the only one who gets hurt is me."

Hye-won went over and hugged her. "Breakups hurt. Period. You know that I would support you if you choose not to marry. You can stay with me and Gookie and raise our kids."