Chapter 24.5 - The Fiancé

A/N: surprise update! I was supposed to include this in the previous one but didn't finish the part yesterday so this will be quite short.

Still, BinJin married. Weeee!

"Chipmunk!"

Shim Hye-won looked up from the vase she was working on at her shop and saw the most handsome man in her life. "Gookie!!!"

Running to him, Hye-won was twirled around the shop by Kang Gook. "I miss you, Chipmunk! I'm so sorry it's been so busy lately."

Hye-won placed her index finger on his lips. "No apologies. It's not as if you didn't tell me ahead of time. And you've been great at updating me daily." Smiling up at him, she asked, "Are you here to take me out on a date?!"

Kang Gook laughed. "Yes, and if it's not too much, would you go out with me for dinner as well?"

"I'd love that, Gookie Oppa!" Hye-won replied. "I just have to finish this arrangement. Did I tell you that I've had a steady stream of orders in the past days? And, after Yoo Sang-a's wedding, I've been booked for other weddings already!"

"That's great news! This means you'll end the year with a profit, right?" Kang Gook asked.

"Yes! Then, I'd have enough savings to propose to you—" Hye-won gasped at her outburst.

She desperately wanted to marry Kang Gook, this was no secret but she was truly trying not to put pressure on him anymore like she told Jin Ah. "Sorry, baby."

Kang Gook cupped her face. "Why? Why are you apologizing?"

Explaining to him what reasons she had, Hye-won cast her eyes down. "Sorry, Gookie. It's just that I've been praying  for this to happen to us for such a long time..."

"Don't apologize, Chipmunk," Kang Gook assured. "I should be the one apologizing because of the delay. Please don't think that I don't feel as strongly about it."

"I know," Hye-won reassured. "I can wait, Gookie. I can wait. Work on your dreams, for now. You've always been so supportive of mine."

And she meant it.

Kang Gook helped her with conceptualizing, working on the business permits, and even did work on the structure of her shop just so that she could open ahead of schedule. In that first week, he sent out flyers after work to increase foot traffic in the flower shop.

Now, it was her turn.

"I love you so much, Hye-won-ah. You're my dream come true," Kang Gook said.

There, in one of the happiest places for Hye-won, among her flowers and in a shop that bore the fruits of her labor, she realized, a proposal would just be a bonus. She had Kang Gook's heart and that was the more important thin in the world.

"I love you, too, Mister Gookie Oppa, and I'm never letting you go."

*

Kang Gook was free for the day so they had a leisurely lunch then coffee and desserts before heading back to the shop, where he assisted with clients and paperwork.

Then, it was time to close for the day.

"Let's go to the playground we used to hang out in!" Kang Gook suggested.

"Oh! Yes! We haven't visited there in a while," Hye-won agreed.

As they walked hand-in-hand, Kang Gook continued, "The last time we went there was when you asked for my social security number."

"No, the last time we went was our first kiss," Hye-won corrected.

"Oh right!"

Hye-won pinched him. "How could you forget our first kiss?!"