Chapter 38

I feel someone softly tapping my shoulder and I gasp awake and try to back away.

"Breathe princess, it's me." Damien says calmly, I look around and realize we're in the car. "We're nearly home, the others used another car." I nod and lean back against the seat.

"Are we going to the mansion or the penthouse?" I ask unsure, my voice comes out weaker and softer than I had expected.

"The mansion, someone is there to see you, if you want I can take you to the penthouse." Damien suggests.

"It's fine." I say and stare out the window, neither one of us say anything and shortly afterwards we reach the huge mansion, I get out and Damien is by my side in a blink, his arms supporting me upwards. "I can walk Damien." I snap at him accidentally.

"Not taking any chances princess." Damien says hooking our arms and starts to walk at a slow pace.

"You said someone's here to see me?" I ask confused, Damien nods with a smile. "Who?"

"Your crazy half." I quickly turn to find Liv standing there looking shocked but relieved and fine, she runs to me and squeezes me in a hug that I return.

"What, when did you wake up?" I ask confused, my heart is literally melting as I squash my bff tightly.

"A couple weeks ago." She says proudly. "I'm so happy you're here and that they found you." She says and a sob escapes her. "I thought I had lost you."

I let out a chuckle even though tears were running down my cheeks. "You should have seen me when you were in the hospital."
She pulled back slightly.

"I'm here for you Lea just as you have always been here for me. I am never leaving you alright I promise." Liv says with a relieved sigh, I nod and smile and squeeze her in a hug again.

"Princess the doctor is here to do a check up on you." Damien says placing a hand on my shoulder, I pull back from Liv.

"You're staying here or are you and Andrew leaving?" I ask.

"Damien insisted we stay here." Liv says with a shrug. "Don't worry Lea, I am not going anywhere." I smile and let Damien lead me away.

"Thank you for letting them stay here." I say honestly.

"Anything for you princess." Damien says with a smirk but he quickly frowns. "I will be here to help you get through this princess, you know that right." Damien says, we enter this room that had been set up with a couple hospital machines.

"I know pumpkin." I say with a sigh, a man who looks about 40 wearing a doctor's coat appears, he nods to Damien before hooking his arm through mine, my heart starts beating faster as he leads me to the bed.

"You're definitely lacking some important nutrients and vitamins so we're going to have put you on drips." The doctor hands me one of those hospital gowns that patients wear but Damien quickly takes it and gives me a shirt, one if his shirts. "Or you can wear his shirt, that works fine too." The doctor says with a smile and turns around, I look at Damien and he sighs before turning around, I quickly change into his shirt that reaches till my mid thigh.

I clear my throat and Damien turns around first, his eyes quickly go down before finding my eyes again.

"Now let's get started with your check up." The doctor says excitedly, he turns to Damien and frowns. "That cut you're hiding underneath your shirt is going to need some help."

Damien sighs and removes his t-shirt, exposing his toned chest and stomach, I quickly look at the ground and pray that my face doesn't turn red or anything.

"Now we can start." The doctor says with a smile.

About 1 hour later I was laying on the bed, the drip connected to me via a needle, my eyes slowly drooping, Damien walks in wearing a new pair of clothes, his hair wet and a smile danced on his lips as he took the seat next to the bed, next to me, he takes my hand in his rubbing small circles on it, his gaze lingers on the bandage around my wrist.

"He handcuffed me to the bed after I had tried to escape 2 days after he took me." I say softly staring at our hands, Damien tilts my head and looks at me.

"I will make him pay for what he did princess, they will all pay for it." Damien says leaning his forehead against mine, he slowly leans in, our breaths mixing together in the air, by the way his chest is rapidly moving I would say his heart is beating just as fast as mine. "One kiss." Damien says a couple centimetres away, I nod and he instantly connects our lips in a soft kiss, my body intensifies with electricity as it courses through my veins.

Damien breaks the kiss and keeps his eyes closed with his forehead against mine, tears slip out of my eyes.

"He said you died." I say, my voice breaking, Damien opens his eyes, his thumb wipes away some of the tears that slip.

"I'm here and never am I leaving you." Damien says kissing my head, he pulls back but doesn't let go of my hand. "Get some rest princess." I nod and lay further down holding his hand tighter afraid that maybe this is all I dream and that I am still stuck in that room.

"Can you take me to the penthouse when this is over?" I ask nervously, my exhaustion starts coming back.

"Of course princess." That's the last thing I hear him saying before sleep overtakes.

--------

The chatter fills the huge dining room, excitement and joy and relief reflects on everyone's faces, Damien and I are sitting next to each other on the huge round table, food came and everyone ate the delicious dinner that had been laid on the table.

I stared at my plate of food, I ate a few bites with the nausea that kept on coming.
I had changed into a some sweat pants and a long sleeve t-shirt before coming down.

Dinner lasted for about 1 hour before everyone left to their rooms leaving Damien and I alone.

"You didn't eat much." Damien says with a sigh and a frown.

"Can we please go to the penthouse?" I ask hopefully, Damien nods.

The night was filled with clouds, covering the stars and the moon, thunderstorms echoed from far away, we drove in silence.

We reached his penthouse and I quickly rush to the huge window overlooking the city.

"Should I make you something else to eat?" Damien asks wrapping his arms around me and lays his head on mine, I sigh and lean back against him.

"I don't think I'll be able to eat it." I say as I focus on our reflection on the window, Damien seems to be focused on that too, his hands draw lazy circle on my waist and he buried his head on my neck, his breath causes shivers to slither up my spine and my breath starts coming in short waves.

"You need rest." Damien says and pulls back, I quickly turn around and pull him back, he stares at me shocked and slightly afraid. "Princess you need rest." Damien says breathless.

"Just one more kiss please." I say as my hand caresses his cheek, Damien's whole body tenses up and he connects our lips softly, my whole body ignites with fire, burning for more, everything else around me gets forgotten, I put more force in the kiss, Damien growls and walks me backwards, I feel my back against the window, he deepens the kiss, my hands instinctively go to his hair, his arms stay on my waist pulling me closer.

His one hand slowly slides underneath the shirt causing me to gasp in the kiss, jolts of fire spread as he explores me fully.

My body begs for more as his hand roams along the waistband of my sweatpants, he pulls away, his stormy gray eyes are glazed and look nearly black, his chest rises up and down rapidly, his hand stays underneath my shirt on my waist.

"If we go any further I won't be able to hold myself princess." Damien says, his voice is hoarse and breaks slightly. "Lets get you to bed alright." I nod and Damien swoops me up in his arms, I close my eyes as sleep starts to overcome again, I feel him put me in the covers and leaving as I fall in the world of nightmares.