Chapter 48

Damien and I stand next to each other, his hand clasping mines tight, the coffin gets laid down, Damien's expression is lost in his eyes, I give his hand a reassuring squeeze, the priest starts saying some more other words to end the funeral.

Everyone that came started hugging Damien, I don't really know who the people here are but they all gave their sympathies and said that Davina had been a great woman.

James came up to us, he gave Damien a hug and than turned to me. "Get him away from the house for a few hours alright." I nod and James goes and mingles with the rest of the people.

I pull Damien along with me to the car.

"Where are we going?" Damien asks confused, his voice is hoarse.

"Anywhere away from here for a few hours." I say with a sigh, Damien gets in the driver's seat.

"Our wedding is tomorrow, Davina has handled literally everything, your dress is waiting to be picked up." Damien says caressing my cheek.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I say frowning.

"It will get my head off stuff and besides the wedding is tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to postpone it any longer, I just want this life to end so that I can start living my life with you." Damien says with a small smile, I nod and he drives off.

"Do you think that The Ravens will do anything?" I ask worried.

"Well after that whole thing that James showed us about The Ravens being gone and that there's no more Ravens and stuff, no, I don't think we should be worrying about it." Damien says.

"I hope so." I say with a sigh, Damien looks at me with a frown.

"What's on your mind, tbe whole day you seems focused on me and something else that's worrying you?" Damien asks confused, he parks the car and gets out, I look around the park as I hook my elbow through his, the wedding dress shop is right across the park.

"It's nothing, I'm probably just on my nerves." I say with a sigh.

"Come on princess, tell me whatever is bugging your mind." Damien says with a smile, I stay silent for a few minutes and do my breathing routine. "Princess, what's wrong?" Damien asks worried and he makes me sit down on the bench before kneeling in front of me.

His stormy gray eyes are filled with worry, his hand softly caresses my cheek.

"I'm scared." I say and tears roll down my eyes.

Damien frowns. "Why princess, does something hurt or is anyone hurting you?"

I sob. "You kept drowning, you kept dying and I tried to reach out to you but I couldn't, you asked me to help you and I was stuck, I watched you die over and over and over, it felt so real and there's this bad feeling that something is going to happen and i won't be able to do anything." I burst into tears and I shut my eyes tightly closed.

I feel Damien sit down next to me and he pulls me in to his chest, I  let my tears wet his shirt. "I'm scared and worried that something is going to happen." I say through my sobs, Damien tilts my head to look at him, he frowns and wipes the tears away.

"I am not leaving you princess alright, no matter what happens, I will be there with you, nothing is going to keep me away from you, with everything going on recently, it would make sense for your brain to come up with this worry alright, but I am here for you alright." Damien says with a smile, he kisses my forehead and pulls me into his chest again.

"You're not going to leave the same way everyone does?" I ask.

"You're my world alright, my universe, I wouldn't survive with you." Damien says with a chuckle that causes me to chuckle too. "We have to go get your dress and than we can roam through the city."