hgtv is lying, buying a house is boring

By the grace of Merlin, God, or a willing babysitter named Molly Weasley, Lee and Percy had one day to look at homes.

Lee was slightly bitter about having to waste their day off looking at sketchy houses with a grey looking man. Especially when there were much more entertaining things they could be doing. Like each other.

Of course, moving out of the Burrow was a top priority. It was overcrowded and not a great place for a young couple. And Lee dreaded the thought of moving back in with her own mother. Seeing the woman a few times a weeks was one thing, living with her was another.

She kept this in mind as she tried to listen to dull man talk about the antique crown molding in the home they were currently looking at.

"It needs some work," the real estate agent, Mr. Moore droned on. "But there is lots of space and a nice yard."

It was a big house. Four bedroom, two story, in their price range. Lead in the pipes, asbestos in the floors, and mold in the walls. All the charm of an old home. Oh, and an electric system that hadn't been updated since the turn if the century. Very safe.

"It needs a lot of work," Lee mumbled, hovering her hand over the wooden Bannister.

She was slightly scared of touching it, in case the whole house crumbled down.

"I didn't think a place could be worse than Grimmauld," Percy agreed. "Perhaps we should move on to the next one?"

The agent nodded.

"There is a smaller home I can show, and it is updated," Mr. Moore suggested.

"Sounds great," Percy smiled.

Lee that noticed how that agent really only spoke to Percy. Stupid sexist wanker.

"Unfortunately it is a," Mr. Moore lowered his voice slightly, "muggle neighborhood."

"Fucking hell," Lee scoffed.

"Er, yeah, that's not really a problem," Percy quickly corrected.

Moore seemed to perk up for the first time.

"Thank Merlin," he sighed. "We've had this property for ages. Beautiful cottage, but no magical folk ever want to see it. Floo's already been set up. Address is 'Cobbler's Brook'."

He gestured to the floo with a small smile.

"Wizarding prejudices are finally benefitting me," Lee mused stepping into the floo with Percy.

Percy rolled his eyes with a grin.

"That was a good joke," she insisted as he grabbed a handful of floo powder.

"Next time remind me to laugh," Percy said before calling out the floo address.

Lee coughed lightly as she stepped into the room. As she brushed off the ash from her clothes she took a look around the room.

The floors were wooden, stained dark. It contrasted with the cream colored plaster that coated the walls. The sitting room was small, and would likely have room for a sofa and chair, maybe even some bookcases on the wall for Percy's ever expanding collection.

There was a matching wooden staircase heading to the second floor.

Mr. Moore flooed in.

"How are the first impressions?" He asked.

Lee was beginning to suspect this man had traded places with someone else. He was so different showing this house than how he acted the rest of the morning.