Chapter 2

Harry was trailing behind everyone with Ginny at his side, all around them people wanted to get close to the boy who lived, the blessed chosen one who ended the war but the Weasleys soon closed ranks protecting him. Harry felt his panic rising and almost without thinking apperated away.
Blackness filled his vision and at first Harry thought he was blind but then he saw the shapes of broken burnt furniture. Grimmauld Place had never looked so bad, Harry guessed that the death eaters had destroyed the place when they had escaped them but to this extent. Black soot covered everything left. The empty black frame of Sirius's mothers portrait was torn and silent. The windows blackened to the point that barely any light could enter, stunned Harry could only stare at the ruins of his godfather's ancestral home.
"Kreacher." Harry called. And with a soft pop the elf appeared looking around at his home Kreacher began sobbing.
Harry tried for several minutes for Kreacher to calm enough to listen to Harry.
"Kreacher I would like you to see to the repairs of the house, l know that the house is in a terrible state right now but I have every confidence that you can make the house better again." Kreacher looked at him skeptically but nodded his acceptance of orders and popped away. Harry stood and stared at the dark family tapestry with Sirius's name barely visible turned on the spot and apperated to the burrow.
As soon as he landed he was enveloped in the arms of Ginny sobbing softly.
" Where the bloody hell did you go! " Ron exclaimed.
" Sorry everyone I just panicked and ended up at Grimmauld place."he said quietly, "it's a good job we didnt stay there Hermione looks like the death eaters used fiendfyre on the place. Kreacher is going to have his work cut out for him getting the place in to a liveable condition."
In the silence that followed Molly said "well you are welcome here for as long as you like."
"Thanks Mrs Weasley." Said Harry arms still full of Ginny.
The days passed with all the fun of nightmares and indeed daymares and long talks between the trio and sometimes the others too. Till one morning after a particularly  bad night Bill asked Harry the question that everyone seemed to be avoiding.
" I dont want to upset you Harry but do you think you could tell us where you were this past year?" It was said with a half order to answer , half question.
There was a look between the trio  that no-one missed. Ron and Hermione nodded at Harry.
"Ok but I think it would be better if all the order was here and Percy too." Said Harry firmly.
It took a further two days for them all to get together as Kingsley was the new minister and had a hard time getting away from the mess that had been left by his predecessor.
They sat gathered around the kitchen table with the trio at the head whispering where to start a fight that had been going on for days. Finally Harry began starting at the end of the battle in the ministry.
"As you know Dumbledore sent me back to his office after Sirius's death he told me of the prophecy 'the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as equal, but he will have a power the Dark Lord knows not.. and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...'" as Harry spoke many gasped and Ginny and Molly both started crying. Without giving a chance for anyone to speak Harry continued. "After that I went home and spent the summer trying to come to terms with Sirius's death and after Dumbledore came to collect me and we got Slughorn to agree to come back to work. Dumbledore told me that he would  be giving me private lessons to help fight Voldemort. In these lessons I learnt about a young Tom Riddle and eventually after getting a memory from Slughorn we found out that , Riddle made six horcruxes. The diary that possessed Ginny her first year, a ring that belonged to his mothers family, Helena Hufflepuff's cup, the Ravenclaw diadem, a locket that belonged to Salazar Slytherin, Nagini Riddle's snake and well um me." At the mention of horcruxes many had looked shocked but the sheer number was so very worrying to them and when Harry was named as one Ginny ran to him and flung herself into his arms.  Molly was close behind and the almost identical looks of horror on the rest of the people in the room. With the help of Ron and Hermione they told for the hunt and riddles memories and the breaking in and out of gringotts. Through it all there were questions and exclamations and even on one occasion a slap from Ginny. Once the story was over and all questions were asked night had fallen. Bill took Harry aside and told him the goblins had been asking after him.
"It's ok Bill I had planned on going to the bank tomorrow. I have a plan for the goblins, I owe them a debt and it should be payed." Said Harry.
" Just be careful my employers are tricky at the best of times." Said Bill.
"No worries about that, I've learned to be more cautious than most gryffindors." Harry said evenly.
With that Bill and Fluer who had been waiting nearby left the burrow along with most of the others except professor Mcgonagall who had cornered Ron and Hermione and was pointedly stareing at him.
As he came over Minerva began to talk.
"As you may know Mr Potter we have opened the school up to all those who missed the last year and that inculdes you and your friends." she said looking over her glasses at him in a all too familier way. "But I must conseed it might not be the best inviroment for you to heal. In fact Minister Kingskey has  elected to place a healer at the school for the time being. perhaps their can be some midddle ground." she seemed to say mostly to herself.
"Thanks Professor but I think I am going to leave my eduaction unfinished for now." said Harry noting the resigned looks on the faces of his friends,
"Completely understandable harry." she said in a kind tone he had never heard from her before.
Goodbyes where said and most people left for their homes and jobs. All except the Weasleys. The new day dawned and as Bill was eating breakfast Harry satt down beside him.