Chapter 19

Richard Simmons ran straight out of the floo with rolls of parchment under his arm. Barging into the editor's office he gasped for breath.
"So sorry to interrupt Mr Cruft but I have a story for the front page." He wheezed out.
"Better be a bloody good story if you won't even stop to take a breath." Replied the stern man.
"It isn't bloody good. It's the story of a lifetime. There was an emergency session of the wizengamot. Sirius Black was proved innocent and Peter Petigrew was not only alive but an illegal animagus but also the betrayer of the Potter's. I've got statements and information from the ministry right here." Richard exclaimed.
"Well.....um...er...what...how." the man stuttered shaking off his stupor he said.
"Right first get started on the main story, Macduff will help you with the interviews and quotes. I presume you got the transcripts of the trials. Good, good get Smyth to help double check everything. It's 3 o'clock now you have until 6 to get this story out. We need to get the news in the morning edition." He said. "Well what are you standing there for get to work." Simmons rushed from the office and began shouting orders to the others. Cruft was pleased that Simmons had the story even though Skeeter sold paper she never really had the team spirit that the other had. She would have waltzed in here at 6 presented her sensationalised story and expected get her way. He wondered if he should print more copies of the paper. Remembering the edition after he who must not be named's defeat sold out in an hour. This story was even more incredible than that.
          -------------------------------------------
While the profit was in uproar Harry and Sirius sat in the private sitting room Tom had provided for privacy, surrounded by the Weasley's and Remus laughing and telling stories.
After an initial chill from Mrs Weasley there were getting along well. Their combined hatred of the Dursley's thawing the ice. The rest of the day passed in fun from them all dinner was so lively and full love. That was the word Harry was looking for. It was late in the evening before Harry was escorted to his room by Sirius. Harry hadn't told him the paintings were in there so when they entered his mother's voice rang out.
"Harry James Potter where have you been all day." Lily Potter exclaimed from her spot on the wall.
"Sorry mum we were celebrating Sirius's freedom I forgot how late it was." Harry replied. He looked over at Sirius who hadn't moved. He was stareing at the paintings of his family tears in his eyes.
"Don't tell me your gonna break marauder code 23 again old friend." James joked. A dry chuckle broke the tension in Sirius.
"You were always the one to break that one not me." He said. "Where ever did you find them Harry? I didn't think they had portraits painted."
"Found them in the Potter vault. It was a suprise to me too. But a nice one they have been offering advice to me." Harry replied. "I suppose I will have to learn all this head of house stuff."
"Don't worry about that I was raised to run the Black family. At least till I ran away." Said Sirius consoling him. "Mind you there is some good you can do as head of house. I will teach you all you need to know and I have no doubt Charles will help."
"Oh yes I can tell you everything you will need to know." Mr Potter the elder began.
"But not tonight." Said Dorea Potter firmly. "Poor boy looks dead on his feet let him rest. You have the rest of his life to bore the lad." Sirius looked over at Harry, he was swaying and almost asleep on his feet.
"Yes your right." Sirius said quietly. "To bed young man we can talk more tomorrow."
"Um huh ok padfoot see you tomorrow morning." Harry replied sleepily and flopped face down on the bed dead to the world.
"I guess he was really tired." Sirius laughed. "Guess I will have to pit him to bed myself."
"Begging your pardon , Mr doggie sir that bes my job." Dobby piped up from his little corner. "I bes Master Harry's elf I bes doing the works for him."
"Oh I didn't notice you there. Are you Harry's personal elf then?" Sirius asked.
"I does be master's personal elf." Dobby said standing up straight and puffing out his chest.
"What might your name be?" He asked. "I should really know as I am his new guardian."
"I bes Dobby sir, I being happy to serve the great Harry Potter's family." The little elf said bowing to Sirius.
"Well I will leave him in your capable hands." He replied slightly astonished at the loyalty the elf was showing.
"Master Harry was telling Dobby yous be a good man and master is not being wrong. Did you wants the Mr's and Mrs's transfered to your room for tonight sir?" Dobby asked.
"Yes please, but when Harry wakes tell him I have them will you?" He replied.
"Of course Mr doggie." The elf said bowing and waving his hands towards the paintings. They floated off the wall and disappeared with the elf. Not more than a minute later Dobby was back. Snapping his fingers Harry's clothes changed and his glasses were sat on the bedside table, he was also lying comfortably in the bed under the covers.
"That went much quicker than I could do." Sirius chuckled crossing over to Harry and kissing his forehead the way he used to when Harry was a baby. He stood there for some time staring at the boy around whom his world now revolved. Sirius silently promised to never disregard his responsibilities ever again. With a deep sigh and a last look at his peaceful face Sirius turned and left the room nodding to the elf.

              -------------------------------------

Hermione Granger opened her eyes to the sound of a owl tapping on the window. Shaking off the last vestiges of sleep she rose from the bed, crossed the room and opened the window. The Daily Profit delivery owl sat on the ledge looking at her. Opening the draw that held her wizard money she payed the owl and took the paper. Hermione unfolded the paper and shrieked in suprise. On the front page was one of her best friends shaking hands with the minister and Sirius Black with his hand on Harry's shoulder. The headline practically screamed out at her.
Sirus Black Innocent, Peter Petigrew sentenced to death.
Hermione's parents came running at her shriek. Shaking she showed the paper to them together they sat on her bed and read through the articles. The first detailing Sirius's innocence and his position as godfather to Harry Potter. The next detailed Petigrew's trial and sentence, the last was a transcript of the statements from the minister, Sirius and Harry. She had tears in her eyes as she read his words, thinking back on his last letter Harry hadn't mentioned anything about this. Oh when she got her hands on him. But then she remembered, she was in France so how could he have told her. This was not something you put in a letter. Hermione's morning was spent Begging her parents to let her stay in London with Harry. Finally they agreed as they could hardly say no to her at the best of times. Hermione's mother drove her and she arrived just after lunch. Stepping in to the Leaky Cauldon and looking around she caught sight of Mrs Weasley heading up the stairs.
"Mrs Weasley." She called. Molly looked around and saw Hermione and gave her a bright smile.
"Harry said it wouldn't be long till you were here. He said as soon as you saw the paper you would be on your way." She said as she pulled Hermione in to a hug. Her mother watching on behind them.
"Are you staying here too?" Jean Granger asked.
"Yes the whole family is here for the rest of the holiday." She replied stepping forward to shake the other woman's hand.
"Oh that's a relief Hermione wanted to stay here but I wasn't going to let the children stay without supervision. That and I don't know Mr Black." Mrs Granger said softly.
"Well I will take great care of her whilst she's here if you like, and I will make sure she writes often." Molly replied trying to put the other woman at ease.
"Thank you Hermione and I will just pop back and get her trunk if you wouldn't mind getting her a room booked I will pay when I get back." Mrs Granger said smiling at her daughter.
"Well actually it's all booked but my youngest has a single room. I will see if Tom will put a bed in the room for Hermione. It shouldn't be a problem." Molly explained. Tom who was close enough to here the conversation agreed and they went to get the room sorted.

              -------------------------------------

Harry was playing exploding snap with the twins and Ron. Remus, Mr Weasley and Sirius were sat talking quietly and Ginny sat by the fire reading. They were all in the private room Tom the barman had set up for them, as Harry and Sirius were mobbed by people this morning when they tried to eat breakfast in the main room. After a few rounds Harry had just got blown up again when the door opened and Mrs Weasley and Hermione entered the room.